long travel wagon wheelers

April 25, 2018, 1:59 p.m.

Posted by: fartymarty

Posted by: Endur-Bro

I'm ~175cm and on a MOJO G16 29

Mojo G16 as a 29 gets my vote as well.  It's a very versatile frame and have read it is best run 29F 275R but can do either full 275 or 29 with some adjustment.

Is that for geometry gains or the different characteristics of the two wheel size?

April 25, 2018, 5:48 p.m.

https://news.commencal.com/news/META-AM-29-is-coming-soon/334.html

this looks very interesting .

I see FOES has a new 29er out as well 160/140mm

April 25, 2018, 8:11 p.m.

Not to be mistaken for http://www.commencal-america.com/

April 27, 2018, 3:25 p.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: fartymarty

I'm ~175cm and on a MOJO G16 29

Mojo G16 as a 29 gets my vote as well.  It's a very versatile frame and have read it is best run 29F 275R but can do either full 275 or 29 with some adjustment.

Is that for geometry gains or the different characteristics of the two wheel size?

Ride characteristics of the two wheelsizes.  mtbr/nicolai has a large thread on the frame.

May 6, 2018, 5:22 p.m.

May 6, 2018, 10:55 p.m.

Yeah "freedom linkage", handguns and all that but you know what there a lot of "deplorables" in 'murica who like to mtn. bike. Prolly a large market there come to think of it. They just need to think of a way to sedgeway god into their schtick. 

Not mine... from..  http://theloamwolf.com/2017/12/07/review-guerrilla-gravity-smash/

May 7, 2018, 7:53 a.m.

I have been watching GG for several years now. Was going to buy a Trail Pistol when I built my 29er. In the end it came down to $$ , I bought a Made in Canada frame set for roughly $600 less than the GG would have cost with a discount. Nice bike but spendy IMO , when they entered the market their Mega Trail frame was roughly $1150.00. couple years later it was approaching $2200.00.

May 7, 2018, 8:26 a.m.

The GG bikes are looking really good, the Smash is very high on my list...great bike for taller riders. What bike did you end up going with DemonMike?

May 7, 2018, 8:33 a.m.

Posted by: pedalhound

The GG bikes are looking really good, the Smash is very high on my list...great bike for taller riders. What bike did you end up going with DemonMike?

2017 Devinci Django 29" , I got the aluminum frame model taxes in for roughly $1900. The GG was going to cost $2050 USD . with the exchange rate and shipping/duties etc on top of that. I decided to buy a Canadian product.

I put a 150mm 36 up front , it,s only 120mm in the back , I just added a Corset to the shock and it has helped a lot.

Last edited by: DemonMike on May 7, 2018, 8:45 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 8, 2018, 8:42 a.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

2017 Devinci Django 29" , I got the aluminum frame model taxes in for roughly $1900. The GG was going to cost $2050 USD . with the exchange rate and shipping/duties etc on top of that. I decided to buy a Canadian product.

I put a 150mm 36 up front , it,s only 120mm in the back , I just added a Corset to the shock and it has helped a lot.

Nice bike! I am waiting for them to put out a more aggressive geo 29er...I like the Django but don't think I want to go for less travel than the 135mm Prime I am on now.

May 8, 2018, 9:27 a.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

Nice bike! I am waiting for them to put out a more aggressive geo 29er...I like the Django but don't think I want to go for less travel than the 135mm Prime I am on now.

My plan is to get a more aggressive 29er down the road and lighten this one up.

Devinci is racing a 29" Spartan so they do have something in the works. Be interesting to see if they do a 29" Troy again .

The new EVO Stumpy in raw aluminum has peaked my interest as well . Not the most travel out there but a decent amount for what I ride and the geo looks really good as well.

And truthfully after riding a 170/167mm 26" and switching to a 150/120 29" I have pretty much crushed all my old PR,s up and down .

May 8, 2018, 2:17 p.m.

Transition Sentinels are well worth a look.

Not super long travel but they ride fast and eat up the steep chunky trails on the shore. I was a touch concerned with the increased reach but after a handful of good rides I don't think I could go back to a regular reach number. My last bike was short. 460mm reach. At 500 on the sentinel everything works better. In particular hammering the pedals out of the saddle. Build kit vs. price is pretty competitive too.

May 9, 2018, 11:33 a.m.

The Sentinal looks like a great bike, but the ST is too short for those of us with long legs. Longer droppers are not an answer as the extra leverage it puts on a frame is pretty huge...bigger frames, bigger people riding them and to make tiny seat tubes is just silly IMO.

I broke a first gen Transition Covert because of this...they told me I was riding beyond the intended purpose of the bike. Those that ride with me laughed at that...I like to stay in my comfort zone...hah. On the product page for the covert it showed Kevin doing a good 10" step up gapper on it...that is something I would never even think about doing. Anyway...I still love their bikes...but their ST's are always too short for me.

May 9, 2018, 12:32 p.m.

The Sentinal looks like a great bike, but the ST is too short for those of us with long legs. Longer droppers are not an answer as the extra leverage it puts on a frame is pretty huge...bigger frames, bigger people riding them and to make tiny seat tubes is just silly IMO.

I broke a first gen Transition Covert because of this...they told me I was riding beyond the intended purpose of the bike. Those that ride with me laughed at that...I like to stay in my comfort zone...hah. On the product page for the covert it showed Kevin doing a good 10" step up gapper on it...that is something I would never even think about doing. Anyway...I still love their bikes...but their ST's are always too short for me.

If you can justify the initial cost or someone that keeps bikes/frames for a while, have a serious look at the MOJO Geometron frames.  Seat tube length and head tube length increases with each size.  Shaq sizing gets longer CS length as well.  I don't fully understand the smaller diameter seat tube on XXL frames though. Maybe MOJO could add insight.

May 10, 2018, 2:43 p.m.

If you can justify the initial cost or someone that keeps bikes/frames for a while, have a serious look at the MOJO Geometron frames. Seat tube length and head tube length increases with each size. Shaq sizing gets longer CS length as well. I don't fully understand the smaller diameter seat tube on XXL frames though. Maybe MOJO could add insight.

A smaller inner dia with the same outer dia would give a stiffer tube? I don't know this is the case with the geometron. And nor will i need to find out - but those bikes ARE well thought out. I just need to sell my townhouse to buy one (seriously - when i sell my townhouse i'm buying one).

Last edited by: nouseforaname on May 10, 2018, 2:47 p.m., edited 1 time in total.