long travel wagon wheelers

Nov. 17, 2018, 10:18 p.m.

Evils are so sexy. The lust is high!

I really feel that you need 3 bikes for the Shore. DH rig for shuttling. Enduro bike for when youre pedaling up to the Gnarly stuff and then a XCish bike for when youre surfing the smooth loamers (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE to do). 

Anything fewer is simply a gross injustice. Inhumane really. Torture!

Nov. 18, 2018, 9:44 a.m.

Posted by: Ddean

I really feel that you need 3 bikes for the Shore. DH rig for shuttling. Enduro bike for when youre pedaling up to the Gnarly stuff and then a XCish bike for when youre surfing the smooth loamers (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE to do). 

You forget the hardtail for the winter, the fatbike for snow days, the Trail bike for the stuff that's too gnar for the XCish bike but too tame to lug your Enduro bike up the hill for, oh, and the gravel bike for when you just need to build up stamina. Oh, and maybe a XC hardtail (or full susser) and a freeride bike (think Banshee Legend, Darkside, Rune, Spitfire andt then somethng else for the XC/hardtail/fatbike etc.)? ;) n+1 forever :)

Nov. 18, 2018, 12:57 p.m.

and a butler to keep the quiver running, back when I used to drop in at Red Shred's on the nite of a group ride I have heard him  say "Tony i would like to ride the FOR tonite " and the mechanic would make sure it was ready

Nov. 18, 2018, 2:09 p.m.

Posted by: Bagheera

You forget the hardtail for the winter, the fatbike for snow days, the Trail bike for the stuff that's too gnar for the XCish bike but too tame to lug your Enduro bike up the hill for, oh, and the gravel bike for when you just need to build up stamina. Oh, and maybe a XC hardtail (or full susser) and a freeride bike (think Banshee Legend, Darkside, Rune, Spitfire andt then somethng else for the XC/hardtail/fatbike etc.)? ;) n+1 forever :)

no go anywhere with luggage adventure bike!? peasant!

Nov. 18, 2018, 10:37 p.m.

This is great news! Banshee Legend is a freeride bike and not a DH bike? WHOOOOHOOOOO that means I get to keep my Legend for when Im freeriding and Ill use my Maiden when Im DHing!

Great news!

Nov. 19, 2018, 2:18 a.m.

@ddean: The Legend, Darkside etc. was an example for a quiver (Legend -DH, Darkside - FR, Rune - EN, Spitfire -TR). But by all means do keep your Legend, it's a freeride bike, somebody on the internet said so... ;)

@XXX_er: Yeah, the butler and personal mechanic were missing, how remiss of me....

Nov. 19, 2018, 12:51 p.m.

I really feel that you need 3 bikes for the Shore. DH rig for shuttling. Enduro bike for when youre pedaling up to the Gnarly stuff and then a XCish bike for when youre surfing the smooth loamers..........

My Ritchey Timberline does it all.

https://www.evil-bikes.com/products/offering

So how do those evil things pedal?

Last edited by: tungsten on Nov. 19, 2018, 3:46 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Nov. 19, 2018, 6:33 p.m.

Great. Loved mine.

Nov. 20, 2018, 7:45 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

I really feel that you need 3 bikes for the Shore. DH rig for shuttling. Enduro bike for when youre pedaling up to the Gnarly stuff and then a XCish bike for when youre surfing the smooth loamers..........

My Ritchey Timberline does it all.

https://www.evil-bikes.com/products/offering

So how do those evil things pedal?

Bought a Wreckoning in Oct. Really is good enough for one shore bike theory.

Pedals great, kills on the DH. I find it does best going in a straight line thru the chunder but is super playful and responsive, the faster you go on it the more capable it becomes.

The only downside is that you have to get forward on the seat for the steep climb sections and with the low BB, pedal strike has become something I have to be more aware of.

Maybe I would use my 27.5- 6" travel bike for the big days in the Chilcotins or what have you but this bike is perfect for this part of the world. Can use it in the park and it has become a game changer for me for tackling techy trails. I'm still messing with the suspension but will put a spring on it for the park days next season. See how that goes.

Nov. 20, 2018, 9:03 a.m.

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Wreckoning but have heard some shifty stories about (more than usual) cracking frames and customer service. Any one care to comment. Legitimate concern or just keyboard warriors ranting into the interwebs?

Nov. 20, 2018, 10:23 a.m.

Posted by: wee-slurguy

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Wreckoning but have heard some shifty stories about (more than usual) cracking frames and customer service. Any one care to comment. Legitimate concern or just keyboard warriors ranting into the interwebs?

Sports equipment breaks, probably all bike companies have a defective frame replacement percentage? Feels pretty bomb proof to me. As much as I have heard thru the bike industry peeps carbon is a dice roll, some frames have more putty repair than others.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Nov. 20, 2018, 10:28 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 20, 2018, 11:14 a.m.

Posted by: wee-slurguy

I remember them having problems with their first run, but have not heard much since then.

Nov. 20, 2018, 1:28 p.m.

I have had a Following V1 for about 3 years now. It is getting a bit tired but i have had no issues whatsoever. Very fun and capable bike, especially considering its only 120mm. My next bike will be an Offering. Ticks all the boxes for me.

Nov. 20, 2018, 4:25 p.m.

Last edited by: tungsten on Nov. 20, 2018, 8:43 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 20, 2018, 5:09 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

http://www.last-bikes-shop.com/epages/62262325.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62262325/Categories/GLEN_V1

Wow looks fantastic! Chainstays and STA vary by size, too. Seems well thought out.

Works out to about $2400 cad, without a shock, one vat is remove and shipping is applied.

So a little more expensive than some aluminum frames out there, but not bad, I had feared it would be horrifically expensive.