Long travel 29er for the shore?

July 11, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

Banshee Prime is a kickass bike, it loves to be ridden hard and fast. Been riding mine for 3 years now…not one issue, still on the original frame bearings! I have broken every full suspension bike I have ridden except my old Transition Dirtbag freeride bike…and this awesome Banshee Prime and none I have ridden for this long…so…yeah, it's strong too!

I do have new bike-itis though and have test ridden a few bikes and none are better than my bike…so I am sticking with it, I actually am thinking about getting the '16 frame for the new geometry tweaks….I just love this bike.

With that said I am a total gear whore and I have been keeping an eye on what I call Awesome 29ers and putting them all in a shitty little spreadsheet. Here is a link to it if you want to check out a poorly edited and unfinished spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-gbMiY245cyiSocA0abzRZBhU32NWmjlvpp38O1gABc/edit?usp=sharing

what travel fork do you run ? and the guys at Guerilla Gravity are dropping their 29r this Friday , 120mm of travel

#northsidetrailbuilders

July 11, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

Hyperbole aside; why the sale? What other bikes do you have?

If it wasn't blue and priced in USD I'd more than consider

It's just more bike than i want. Nothing beats it in raw and rough DH situations, but I decided I want a bit more of a pedalling bike so I'm gonna let her go.

July 11, 2016, 11:16 p.m.

^Word.

I wondered that about the Wreck myself (couldn't see keeping a DH bike.) I'm really liking the SB5.5c as a slightly less travel and less slack bike that would be useful around these parts.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 12, 2016, 7:30 a.m.

what travel fork do you run ? and the guys at Guerilla Gravity are dropping their 29r this Friday , 120mm of travel

Hmmm 120 isn't exactly long travel. I run my prime at 150 in the front.

July 12, 2016, 9:57 a.m.

Transition Bandit 29er - 120mm rear (Debonair), over-forked the front to 140mm. actual measured HT 67.5 deg.

I am loving the 29er on the shore - my next bike may be a Patrol though, but I'm in no rush to "upgrade".

-Gord

July 12, 2016, 12:15 p.m.

Banshee Prime is a kickass bike, it loves to be ridden hard and fast. Been riding mine for 3 years now…not one issue, still on the original frame bearings! I have broken every full suspension bike I have ridden except my old Transition Dirtbag freeride bike…and this awesome Banshee Prime and none I have ridden for this long…so…yeah, it's strong too!

I do have new bike-itis though and have test ridden a few bikes and none are better than my bike…so I am sticking with it, I actually am thinking about getting the '16 frame for the new geometry tweaks….I just love this bike.

With that said I am a total gear whore and I have been keeping an eye on what I call Awesome 29ers and putting them all in a shitty little spreadsheet. Here is a link to it if you want to check out a poorly edited and unfinished spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-gbMiY245cyiSocA0abzRZBhU32NWmjlvpp38O1gABc/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet!

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

July 12, 2016, 12:56 p.m.

well not long travel I am enjoying the kona proscess 111. I am running a 140mm pike and it's a very capable bike. if it was not so steep around here I am sure the stock 120mm fork would be fine. I never feel under traveled but I don't hit big jumps.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

July 12, 2016, 3:44 p.m.

I enjoy being able to sort by whichever parameter one desires in the spreadsheet.

Maybe add the new SC Tallboy since you go all the way down to 105mm

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 12, 2016, 9:34 p.m.

Hmmm 120 isn't exactly long travel. I run my prime at 150 in the front.

yes and no at one time it was LOL .

The Prime looks like a decent ride , but being old school I like using a water bottle t

With bottle mounts on the bottom of the down tube it,s a bike I will pass on for now . My current bike is bottom mounted and I am tired of muddy bottles .

The new GG has a mount in the frame so it peaked my interest.

#northsidetrailbuilders

July 13, 2016, 10:24 a.m.

I run a 140mm X-Fusion Trace…great fork!

July 13, 2016, 10:35 a.m.

yes and no at one time it was LOL .

The Prime looks like a decent ride , but being old school I like using a water bottle t

With bottle mounts on the bottom of the down tube it,s a bike I will pass on for now . My current bike is bottom mounted and I am tired of muddy bottles .

The new GG has a mount in the frame so it peaked my interest.

I started riding MTB in the 80's…so I am kinda old school too…I do miss that water bottle mount, it's the one thing about the Prime that I would like to improve.

July 13, 2016, 10:51 a.m.

I started riding MTB in the 80's…

oh the purity…

July 13, 2016, 12:16 p.m.

Wait for the new Enduro and Slash 29's.

Curious about the Slash 29. When would it be released?

Great of the Yeti in the new Bike mag. I think that the Jeffsy is still the front runner. I'm hoping that the show room in Squamish has some in late August. Will definitely have to try it out.

Looks like yt is the best value for my dollar.

So many good bikes out there

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

July 13, 2016, 2:28 p.m.

So many good bikes out there

Yep, spoilt for choice.

I had one of those rides where I just fell in love with my Evil Following again last night. That bike is so playful and fun to ride. When you have that kind of zest in you to throw it around it is such a willing bike.

Jon-boy.

July 13, 2016, 6:56 p.m.

It's just more bike than i want. Nothing beats it in raw and rough DH situations, but I decided I want a bit more of a pedalling bike so I'm gonna let her go.

I discovered the same with my 167 and doing 30km plus races , too much bike , looking for a smaller travel bigger wheeled bike for longer rides .

#northsidetrailbuilders