Long travel 29er for the shore?

July 26, 2016, 3:30 p.m.

Not available until Late October 2016 so there is that too.
Plus no carbon, no care option.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 27, 2016, 10:29 a.m.

The Wreckoning was never put up on the website. Evil dont keep it up to date for some reason. Seems Fanatik Bikes in Bellingham is their proxy website for Wreckoning information.

Finally http://www.evil-bikes.com/products/wreckoning

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

July 27, 2016, 10:43 a.m.

putting this here because awesome. who needs dh bikes?

July 27, 2016, 11:02 a.m.

putting this here because awesome. who needs dh bikes?

As someone who has a Wreckoning I can say that it's barely not a DH bike. Except that it's got good pedalling ergonomics and is a very capable climber.

July 27, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

What are the current long travel 29er fork options? Fox 36, Lyrik, DVO Diamond, Ohlins 34 (soon a 36), Manitou Dorado.

Would love to see a 29er Marzocchi 350, Bos Deville or Suntour Durolux/Auron.

July 27, 2016, 11:37 a.m.

As someone who has a Wreckoning

how's life with the beast? they intrigue me.

July 27, 2016, 11:49 a.m.

how's life with the beast? they intrigue me.

It's a huge bike but I'm a pretty huge guy so it works out. It's a monster. The blue option is "Megalodon Blue". It should tell you something when they compare the bike to a prehistoric 50' shark. It's a decent climber but an unstoppable descender. It likes to go fast, hit rough stuff super hard. So far it's marginally less good at climbing than my Enduro 29 was but it's massively better at everything else. The Enduro is a better general purpose trail bike.

It's my first single pivot but I'm not experiencing any of the stuff I used to criticize single pivots for doing: braking is neutral, drivetrain interaction is minimal. I don't really understand how braking doesn't cause it to lock out but I don't really care. If anything the bike extends a bit on landing and hard cornering, which is amazing. And now I understand the whole square-edged hit thing: this bike doesn't get hung up on stuff like the Enduro used to.

The Enduro always seemed to want to hold back.
The Wreckoning always seems to want to jump in blind, go faster, hit harder. You need to have suitable terrain to explore this stuff otherwise you're better off on less bike.