Local source for 35MM R/S foam rings

Aug. 23, 2019, 2:36 p.m.

Guys,

Who sells these locally? vs buying seals and foam rings

I just did lower leg service for the first time and never realized how simple it is to do..now I have 2 other forks I want to do

Aug. 23, 2019, 2:53 p.m.

Im not sure if any shops just have the foam rings, but you'd just have to ask around. Dunbar?

If your foam rings arent in terrible shape, you can easily clean them up with a soaking in Isopropyl alcohol and then squeeze them between a shop towel or paper towel to dry them off.  Repeat until clean and near new.

You can also use some nice synthetic 0W-20 or 0W-30 (I use Mobil1) engine oil for the splash oil in the lowers if you want to save on buying the RS specific stuff.

Good luck!

Aug. 23, 2019, 3:12 p.m.

And now, where to get crush washers.....but I usually ask any of the shops that offer a lowers service like Steed, Dunbar, Cove etc

Aug. 23, 2019, 3:15 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Im not sure if any shops just have the foam rings, but you'd just have to ask around. Dunbar?

If your foam rings arent in terrible shape, you can easily clean them up with a soaking in Isopropyl alcohol and then squeeze them between a shop towel or paper towel to dry them off.  Repeat until clean and near new.

You can also use some nice synthetic 0W-20 or 0W-30 (I use Mobil1) engine oil for the splash oil in the lowers if you want to save on buying the RS specific stuff.

Good luck!

Good call on the clean and soak, I have a feeling that the ones in my boxxer are doing to be shot.

Ill likely call a couple of shops, just not sure if its worth the work when they are readily available in Trumplandia

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-pike-foam-ring-35mm-x-6mm-a1-qty-20

Aug. 23, 2019, 3:16 p.m.

Posted by: DanL

And now, where to get crush washers.....but I usually ask any of the shops that offer a lowers service like Steed, Dunbar, Cove etc

DanL- so your saying those guys/shops have them on hand to sell? rings and washers?

Aug. 23, 2019, 3:52 p.m.

Crush washers dont have to be replaced each time you remove the footnuts.  Its probably a good idea if you have them, but I have never found mine to leak after several removals and re-assemblies.

Aug. 23, 2019, 3:55 p.m.

Posted by: ehfour

Good luck!

Good call on the clean and soak, I have a feeling that the ones in my boxxer are doing to be shot.

Ill likely call a couple of shops, just not sure if its worth the work when they are readily available in Trumplandia

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-pike-foam-ring-35mm-x-6mm-a1-qty-20

Jenson is a better bet.

https://www.jensonusa.com/search?q=foam+rings

I think you are SOL with shipping anything RS (SRAM) to Canada.  If you can ship it to Point Roberts or Blaine and go across and get it then you will be all good.

Aug. 23, 2019, 7:39 p.m.

Fluid Function might be able to get you sorted.

Aug. 23, 2019, 8:13 p.m.

Crush washers dont have to be replaced each time you remove the footnuts.  Its probably a good idea if you have them, but I have never found mine to leak after several removals and re-assemblies.

Only if you're cack-handed like me.

Aug. 25, 2019, 7:07 a.m.

Any decent shop should be able to get them easily (we have them but not in Vancouver....). LTP distribute them.

Aug. 25, 2019, 6:47 p.m.

Kinetik might have them , not much they don,t have from my experiences.

Aug. 28, 2019, 3:59 p.m.

Steed carries lots of Rockshox parts. I'd wager they'll have them.