Local (North Van) source for Sapim Spokes and Nipples

June 8, 2020, 12:20 p.m.

Anyone know a local shop that carries or regularly orders Sapim Race spokes and nipples? 

I had a root suck my derailleur into my spokes on the weekend and need to do a complete wheel rebuild.  I could also do DT Swiss Competition spokes but prefer the Sapim nipples for carbon rims.

June 9, 2020, 12:38 p.m.

Yeah I got all excited when I found that https://www.spokeservice.ca/ website until I read this:

"COVID-19 has stoked demand for bicycle parts and, at the same time, disrupted upstream supply and international logistics. With such limited inventories available, it’s hard to keep working. SpokeService will close for the month of June, 2020. The last shipment from the online shop will be dispatched June 1 and then the site will cease accepting orders for the rest of the month. If you want anything, get your order in by June 1 at noon Pacific Time (15h00 Eastern Time)."

Curious to know if he really was having trouble getting parts or just wanted a vacation!

June 9, 2020, 3:13 p.m.

Orangesportsupply is the distro for Sapim, and they are local to NV. Any bike shop should be able to get you sorted next day if they want your business.

June 9, 2020, 3:51 p.m.

Posted by: Xorrox

Curious to know if he really was having trouble getting parts or just wanted a vacation!

He works for himself so it's not like he can't do what he wants without an excuse.

June 9, 2020, 4:31 p.m.

Other option is to try Wheelthing - Jeff and his team can do magic sometimes.

June 10, 2020, 12:09 p.m.

Thanks everyone - lots of good info here.  Hopefully there aren't actual supply chain issues but in any case I have enough parts on hand that I bought before to build up a different aluminum wheel if I need to.

June 12, 2020, 8:45 a.m.

Posted by: Xorrox

Yeah I got all excited when I found that https://www.spokeservice.ca/ website until I read this:

If I were able to get parts tomorrow, I would re-open sooner. It's certainly possible other dealers/distributors are holding parts but it may take some hunting.

If you click the 'blog' section at my site, you'll see I'm not even on vacation (just switching gears to stuff that doesn't pay any bills)!

Last edited by: spokeservice on June 12, 2020, 3:54 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 12, 2020, 4:32 p.m.

Ahh upstream supply chain issues.