Lights...

Oct. 15, 2010, 2:46 p.m.

Being that small you should put some heatsinks on it to increase it's thermal mass/surface area.

It's not too bad, it's mate is going to get a larger internal alum slug.

Version 2.0 is going to be a killer. x2 the output with a hi-low-map reading settings. All in a tiny little package the size of two pennies.

Oct. 15, 2010, 3 p.m.

refund from who, Geoman or the gov't? Can't see why either of them would offer it back

Gov't, if you paid a duty on any product that wasn't meant to have a duty to begin with,then you can apply for a refund. If they just charged you tax, then no, as much as we all like to you can't get a refund.

here's the form, it's almost like free money, except for the fact that it was yours to begin with.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b2g.pdf

I never dispute duties at the border any more, I just apply for a refund(actually the wife applies)

Oct. 15, 2010, 3:28 p.m.

It's not too bad, it's mate is going to get a larger internal alum slug.

Version 2.0 is going to be a killer. x2 the output with a hi-low-map reading settings. All in a tiny little package the size of two pennies.

How many pennies to build it though??

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 15, 2010, 4:25 p.m.

How many pennies to build it though??

$110 with no battery or charger. I already have battery and chargers from my current build.

Should be 2200 lumens before losses, so about 1800-1900 real world.

Oct. 15, 2010, 5:08 p.m.

$110 with no battery or charger. I already have battery and chargers from my current build.

1800-1900 lumens!? Holy crap, is your night that much
darker than mine? I use a 600 lumen light(cygolite-mec)
on the lid and it's PLENTY bright! And I'm not crawling
either.

Oct. 15, 2010, 7 p.m.

my Magicshine 1400 arrived today. Postman hit me up for $21 duty. Will apply for a refund.

What is the charging procedure besides the obvious 'plug it in'?. Do the colours on the charge indicator led indicate percentage of charge, the same way the colour on the remote control button indicate remaining battery life?

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Oct. 15, 2010, 11:20 p.m.

1800-1900 lumens!? Holy crap, is your night that much
darker than mine? I use a 600 lumen light(cygolite-mec)
on the lid and it's PLENTY bright! And I'm not crawling
either.

Moar moar moar. Moar is always better.

Just for giggles here are some beam shots from a freaky 9200 lumen set up some guy built on mtbr.

A P7 light - 900 theoretical lumens.

9200 lumens.

See the difference? What light would you rather ride down 5th Horseman?

Is 9200 lumens needed? Not likely. Many guys are currently running two or three of the Magshine lights. Why not be able to Dh at full day time speeds?

Oct. 16, 2010, 12:02 p.m.

What kind of specs? Sounds like 2 XP-G triples… what driver? Should be great, especially with a multi-mode driver.

22 Pride

Oct. 16, 2010, 12:31 p.m.

wow that lower picture looks like the light actually bleaches out any contour in the ground making it even harder to see!

Oct. 16, 2010, 8:03 p.m.

What kind of specs? Sounds like 2 XP-G triples… what driver? Should be great, especially with a multi-mode driver.

Pair of the triple XP-G's with built in 1A driver. I am sure you've seen the thread on mtbr about these.

Maybe a one XP-E and one XP-G unit. The XP-E has a tighter beam and more throw with the Carclo optic and the XP=G has more spread.

My current unit is a triple XP-G, great for the medium and slow trails but could just a wee bit more throw for when things open up and get a bit faster. The XP-E triple is lower lumens on paper but a longer throw with tighter beam pattern. Not a bad trade off in a double light unit. One gives the spread and lights up the near, the other covers the long.

Oct. 16, 2010, 9:02 p.m.

Moar moar moar. Moar is always better.

Just for giggles here are some beam shots from a freaky 9200 lumen set up some guy built on mtbr.

A P7 light - 900 theoretical lumens.

9200 lumens.

See the difference? What light would you rather ride down 5th Horseman?

Is 9200 lumens needed? Not likely. Many guys are currently running two or three of the Magshine lights. Why not be able to Dh at full day time speeds?

That's not night riding. Haha:)

Oct. 21, 2010, 6:35 p.m.

Maiden voyage last night with the Magicshine 1400. Plenty o'light and no noticeable heat in the housing. It was cool to the touch after an hour long xc rip.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Oct. 21, 2010, 7:30 p.m.

Lupine Betty,when you won't put a price on night pinning.I also run the Night Rider-TRI Newt on the bars. Rolling with about 2200 lumens.I went from just rolling slowly to full boar pinning like it's a summers day,love it!

Oct. 22, 2010, 12:11 a.m.

Took the new lights out for a test lap tonight and one of the batteries was dead and won't charge. Luckily I ordered extra batteries! Heard good things about Geomans customer service,so time to put it to the test.

The lights seem to do the trick though when I,m on the trail! Sven let's ride bikes!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 22, 2010, 9:24 a.m.

Petzl Tikka FTW. Killer run time, light weight, cheap, helmet mounted.

Me and Shaker666 hit Fromme for a snowing night ride down Pipeline and the lights I brought shit the bed and shorted out 5 min into the ride. So I slapped on my Tikka and flowed Pipeline. Killer ride and the Tikka really impressed me.

Posted via Mobile Device

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.