Lights - 2012

Nov. 4, 2013, 9:04 p.m.

Did it ship via HK post?

Not sure to be honest. I used the expedited version (kinda just for the hell of it) which will be one of DHL/EMS, etc..

"Everybody loves something, even if its just tortillas"

Nov. 4, 2013, 10:58 p.m.

Did you get a weird tracking number from these guys? My shipment is out but the site they sent me doesn't recognize the number provided. Just wondered if there is a trick I'm missing.

Never was able to get the tracking number to work either, just stayed patient and the lights showed up. Didn't take too long.

Shed head!

Nov. 4, 2013, 11:24 p.m.

Not sure to be honest. I used the expedited version (kinda just for the hell of it) which will be one of DHL/EMS, etc..

Whenever I order expedited stuff from HK via eBay, they give a tracking number that's completely useless. Most often it goes to a site that is "HK Post" (probably not a real Hong Kong post), or something similar , and the update never changes from "item scanned at source".

DemonMike, did you get the 2 or 4 cell battery, and how is it for weight?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 5, 2013, 5:49 a.m.

Whenever I order expedited stuff from HK via eBay, they give a tracking number that's completely useless. Most often it goes to a site that is "HK Post" (probably not a real Hong Kong post), or something similar , and the update never changes from "item scanned at source".

DemonMike, did you get the 2 or 4 cell battery, and how is it for weight?

its a 4 cell unit , and no idea on weight

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 5, 2013, 6:06 a.m.

OK.

I ordered this unit.
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1480901

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 5, 2013, 6:29 a.m.

Do you guys night ride in the rain?

Im looking at the connectors and such on mh lights and they look kinda weather-resistantish but im wary of getting them really wet. What say you nsmb? Will they fry? Totally ok? Thx

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 5, 2013, 6:55 a.m.

Last year I picked up a Gemini Duo and ran that as a my single source of light for night rides. Made the mistake of using it on my bar for the first couple of rides. While it does give a good spread of light on the medium and high settings, it wasn't wide enough to scope tight turns in advance (I doubt many lights are). I bought another one on sale at http://www.action-led-lights.com/collections/bike/products/gemini-duo-led-light-systema couple weeks ago and have run a dual-duo (haha) setup the past couple of rides. Freaking awesome! The helmet mount is a bit weird but the vents on the Bell Super are spaced out enough allowing me to run the strap through either ease and to cinch it pretty tight. The extension cable is more than long enough to run into a pack (although strapping the battery on the back of the helmet is pretty easy). Both battery packs are 4-cell and were still running strong after 1.5hrs of high on Fromme on Sunday.

Nov. 5, 2013, 9:37 a.m.

did i mention the solarstorm rocks ass on the trail? as a helmet mounted spot with my old magic shine mj872 on the bar i'm not wanting for any more lumens. amazing value; we'll see how it lasts. battery seems solid so far.

Nov. 5, 2013, 10:56 a.m.

did i mention the solarstorm rocks ass on the trail? as a helmet mounted spot with my old magic shine mj872 on the bar i'm not wanting for any more lumens. amazing value; we'll see how it lasts. battery seems solid so far.

Damnit….still waiting for my solarstorm/yinding combo! Cant wait to try them out…

Nov. 5, 2013, 1:15 p.m.

Gonna try them out tonight with much more moisture potential. Hopefully they're ok.

Shed head!

Nov. 5, 2013, 2:22 p.m.

Damnit….still waiting for my solarstorm/yinding combo! Cant wait to try them out…

Awaiting the same combo.

"Everybody loves something, even if its just tortillas"

Nov. 5, 2013, 3:14 p.m.

Haven't read this thread in a while. I've been running a SolorStorm X2 on my helmet for about a month now. I use my OG Magicshine 808 on the bars. I am liking the setup quite a bit. I use the MS on low for climbing and only turn the SS on for the ride down.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Nov. 5, 2013, 4:25 p.m.

this is a good read

http://reviews.mtbr.com/2014-mtbr-bike-lights-shootout

Nov. 5, 2013, 8:38 p.m.

Last year I picked up a Gemini Duo and ran that as a my single source of light for night rides. Made the mistake of using it on my bar for the first couple of rides. While it does give a good spread of light on the medium and high settings, it wasn't wide enough to scope tight turns in advance (I doubt many lights are). I bought another one on sale at http://www.action-led-lights.com/collections/bike/products/gemini-duo-led-light-systema couple weeks ago and have run a dual-duo (haha) setup the past couple of rides. Freaking awesome! The helmet mount is a bit weird but the vents on the Bell Super are spaced out enough allowing me to run the strap through either ease and to cinch it pretty tight. The extension cable is more than long enough to run into a pack (although strapping the battery on the back of the helmet is pretty easy). Both battery packs are 4-cell and were still running strong after 1.5hrs of high on Fromme on Sunday.

good too hear , and i have to figure out a new mount as my helmet does not have vents for the straps wish they had a stick on mount like the go-pro , hhhhhhmmmmm may have too check out the go-pro an see if i can adapted the lite to the camera mount :rocker:

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 6, 2013, 12:02 a.m.

The light weighs very little. I think good Velcro would do the job.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells