Lights - 2012

Oct. 27, 2013, 9:20 p.m.

How long did your solarstorm take to get here? Just wondering if im going to be waiting 3 weeks or 3 months…

MIne took three weeks with a Chinese week-long national holiday just before the shipping period.

Shed head!

Oct. 27, 2013, 10:33 p.m.

How long did your solarstorm take to get here? Just wondering if im going to be waiting 3 weeks or 3 months…

I'm currently at 4 weeks and still waiting (from an eBay vendor).

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Oct. 27, 2013, 10:34 p.m.

ordered on the 13th from lightmalls.

Oct. 30, 2013, 3:49 p.m.

Wow great prices on LightMalls.com if you an navigate the engrish.

Oct. 30, 2013, 3:54 p.m.

I see the latest MBA has a "review" on lights. I've taken more informative dumps than this garbage.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 30, 2013, 10:17 p.m.

Ah nice. I ordered one of those SolarStorms along with one of the Gemini Duo clones:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005710/1443727-yinding-2-cree-xm-l-u2-4-mode-1800-lumen-white

Ill put it on the helmet and the SolarStorm on the bars and see how it goes….

I just took my yinding out for its first ride. It failed after about 2 hours. :( Probably the driver as the light on the back still comes on.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Oct. 30, 2013, 10:28 p.m.

I just took my yinding out for its first ride. It failed after about 2 hours. :( Probably the driver as the light on the back still comes on.

Damn….I fully expected the battery packs to be shady, but looks like the lights themselves might suck too.
All I can do is hurry up and wait for mine to see if they are any good…
Gonna send yours back or just chalk it up as a loser? Any chance it just shut down from overheating?

Oct. 30, 2013, 11:05 p.m.

I'm gunna get another one. It's possible it over heated.. but that a bit rough..

I ran it for about 2 hours on full bright. Not sure how the weather affects it, but it was about 10c tonight.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Oct. 31, 2013, 8:41 a.m.

I'm gunna get another one. It's possible it over heated.. but that a bit rough..

I ran it for about 2 hours on full bright. Not sure how the weather affects it, but it was about 10c tonight.

People have been saying that these Yindings run pretty hot, and to make sure you don't have them on high when you aren't moving. Eventhough they 'look' like a Gemini, they probably dont have the same heat dissapation abilities as the real deal does.

Oct. 31, 2013, 1:04 p.m.

Has any one ordered the magic shine helmet mount(not headstrap)? wtf do you do with this thing? The long velcro straps are a mystery to me. I am assuming you trim them back to suit your helmet? it was so cheap i wont bitch if i had to mod it to make it work, but is there some doh moment that i am missing?

WTF, Over?

Oct. 31, 2013, 3:16 p.m.

LOL i was talking about those today when i was at the shop one of the guys came in with a newer version of the BLT he had to make a battery for them as the old original had died long ago . i had the earlier BLTs from around 1993/94 and then later bought a single NiteRider Cyclops helmet lite and threw the BLT,s in to the can .

anyone remember the other local company doing lights back then ?? the MOONUNITS as they where called , they where pretty trick , billet cnc bodies with gold plated connectors and such .

I had those BLT's and Moon unit. I was with the group out of West Point that started the night riding thing. We used Union globes and Union sidewall generators. Generator went on the fork because if you locked up the back wheel it got dark fast. I think those incandescent tungsten filament bulbs were around 1.5 watts or something. Someone found a 3 watt and called it an eye burner. Then a 6 watt was sourced …retina ripper. I think I still have spare bulbs in a remote corner of my old tool chest.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Oct. 31, 2013, 3:25 p.m.

Does anyone remember a guy (maybe there was more than one, I don't know) in the 90s who used to ride with a projector bulb on his helmet? It seemed brighter than most car headlights and would cast shadows over a long, long distance.

Nov. 4, 2013, 5:15 p.m.

MIne took three weeks with a Chinese week-long national holiday just before the shipping period.

Did you get a weird tracking number from these guys? My shipment is out but the site they sent me doesn't recognize the number provided. Just wondered if there is a trick I'm missing.

"Everybody loves something, even if its just tortillas"

Nov. 4, 2013, 6:16 p.m.

Did it ship via HK post?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 4, 2013, 7:44 p.m.

http://gemini-lights.com/products/duo

picked up one of these over the weekend , man is it small , was $263cdn out the door , not the cheapest light , but a nice unit .

#northsidetrailbuilders