Lefty Recall

June 22, 2007, 10 a.m.

Safer than Marzocchi?????……………………….:lol:

notice that i say marzocchi xc forks….

you seem to be comparing leftys which are xc + light all-mountain forks to full on downhill forks… the reason you don't see leftys in bike parks is becasue thats not what they are made for. on the bikes that cannondale does make for freeride/downhill they don't put leftys on them because thats not what they are made for… they are made for xc and compared to other xc forks ive riden on they do feel safer and more stiff.

June 22, 2007, 10:02 a.m.

If you lose the front wheel on any vehical the other side isnt gona help much

whistler /ss/ sunpeaks … any bike park is hardly the correct application is it ?The max is only 140mm and basicly everything at the park is gona be alot more travel than that but in fact cedric gracia won alot of dual slaloms using a lefty

sure you wana dry to the 7-11 for that slurpy … maybe you wana walk eh?

Cedric could win on a Sportmart bike:lol: …..7-11 sure id love a slurpee

June 22, 2007, 10:05 a.m.

. it was waaaaay stiffer than my marzocchi xc forks, lighter and I felt way more safe on them than I did on the marzocchis. I can just plow through rough sections on the fork and it is sooo plush and the travel feels so limitless compared to other xc forks out there. I love it… and thats why I own and race on one. Its amazing… stop judging it before you ride it!

ya man

straddle the front wheel on any freeride dc fork and give the bars a shake

straddle a lefty and do the same thing … the lefty is stiffer

what racing do you use it for nero ?

BTW at interbike in 2004 when cedric was still with c-dale we asked one of the c-dale people how many forks he had pooched and they told us 2 … hell thats like a good month for some of the folks on this board

June 22, 2007, 10:07 a.m.

Cedric could win on a Sportmart bike:lol: …..7-11 sure id love a slurpee

ya so you seee how big he goes and tell me he is gona trust his neck and the chance of losing the race to a product he doesnt have faith in?

June 22, 2007, 10:19 a.m.

ya man

straddle the front wheel on any freeride dc fork and give the bars a shake

straddle a lefty and do the same thing … the lefty is stiffer

what racing do you use it for nero ?

BTW at interbike in 2004 when cedric was still with c-dale we asked one of the c-dale people how many forks he had pooched and they told us 2 … hell thats like a good month for some of the folks on this board

i use it for just xc racing around here… high school series, rat race and the test of metal. I have the lefty speed carbon terralogic, it is one amazing fork.

you ride one im guessing? what model do you own?

Edit: heres my cannondaleeee: http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/05/cusa/model-5FS4S.html

this thread is awesome!

June 22, 2007, 10:27 a.m.

lefty max with SPV on a prophet 1000,this exact bike same color

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/05/cusa/model-5VE1.html

air up the top and bottom chamber and its perfectly tuned ,the the strut bolts MUST be torked ,they were not from the factory and they did loosen off till I did them with a tork wrench … only problem I had with the bike.And 2005 was a bleeding edge 1st year for the prophet and the max from which developed the rush in a slightly lighter design

June 22, 2007, 11:02 a.m.

http://www.golefty.com/flash.html

check this out … no flex

June 22, 2007, 12:06 p.m.

If you lose the front wheel on any vehical the other side isnt gona help much

you have obviously never lost a front wheel on your car. Just so you know, I
don't care how safe the lefty is or isn't, I am apathetic on that part of the equation.
I have too good of a imagination and I'm too pessimistic to let myself become
relaxed to be able to enjoy "all that stiffness".

From a geek perspective, I am intrigued by the design but never will be sold.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

June 23, 2007, 4:56 p.m.

anybody tried that fork? for a short travel 80-100mm xc fork it just might be WAY nicer than any other short fork out there??This product is in the class of forks like the SID (none of those have ever broke?)which to quote the SRAM rep " if its set up properly has like 2.5 inches of travel " … not the long travel totem which also seems to be breaking eh?

I had a 2005 Prophet with a Lefty Max on it…wasn't super happy with the Prophet in general but the Lefty kicked ass….super stiff…like zero flex…the only downside is the front wheel doesn't come off. That's a pain for flats, racks that require a fork mount..basically u are doomed to pissing your friends off because the bike won't fit in their vehicles…at least that was my experience.

June 23, 2007, 9:02 p.m.

I had a 2005 Prophet with a Lefty Max on it…wasn't super happy with the Prophet in general but the Lefty kicked ass….super stiff…like zero flex…the only downside is the front wheel doesn't come off. That's a pain for flats, racks that require a fork mount..basically u are doomed to pissing your friends off because the bike won't fit in their vehicles…at least that was my experience.

guess you never realized that you did not have to take of the wheel to fix a flat.

June 24, 2007, 10:53 a.m.

guess you never realized that you did not have to take of the wheel to fix a flat.

WTF? And the whole time I owned the bike I was riding with a flat front tire…

June 24, 2007, 11:16 a.m.

well so far its proven to 5.5 inches ,the lefty concept may/may not be good in really long travel but we will probably never know

an ya hibullit I get where yer coming from ,the guy from the shop down the street couldnt even sit on a lefty in the shop … it just totaly freaked him out

Sept. 26, 2007, 8:47 a.m.

Ya but in a car theres another one on the other side of the vechicle if all hell breaks loose ….Sorry man theres no way i would ever ride one of those…..have a look in the Whistler or SS lineups and count how many lefties you see?????? NONE…with the way the riding has progressed the last thing i want to have to worry about is riding some crazy fork design (like was said above) that the designers forgot to finish

So I guess you people should never fly in a plane because they use the same technology on there landing gear. And if your spindle snaps on your car its not the best thing just having 3 other ones. Tire goes one way car the other. I know it happened to me.

Until you try one you don't know what they are like. They are stiff, light and hold up better than most XC forks on the market. I run a lefty on bike thats not even a crackenfail because it works.

Sept. 26, 2007, 2:44 p.m.

I would imagine it would be quite a bitch to maneuver the wheel around to get the tire off and stuff while it was still attached to the bike. I've never tried it, and it's possible, but I bet it's easier when you have the wheel free and in your lap.

Question: what do you do if you toast the front wheel on it? What if the hub needs rebuilding? Or are you talking about bolt on vs QR?

Sept. 26, 2007, 3:08 p.m.

How sweet would a lefty be on this bike?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=101844