Lefty Recall

June 21, 2007, 7:53 a.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/recalls/2007/06/mountain_bikes_withdrawn_from.html

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07211.html

:canada: :swiss:

June 21, 2007, 8:08 a.m.

Crackanfail. Enough said

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

June 21, 2007, 8:30 a.m.

Crackanfail. Enough said

Wow, astute comment there sherlock. The loctite that was applied to threads located within the internals of the fork was a bad batch, any shop with a lefty tool and some blue loctite can fix the problem.

I troll shitty posters like yourself, because it's amusing to watch you skidmarks get all riled up.

June 21, 2007, 9:08 a.m.

Crackanfail. Enough said

Yeah cuz no one else is having fork issues this year are they [/sarc]

:lemon:

June 21, 2007, 10:42 a.m.

cracknfail,cracknfail,cracknfail , just like yer toddler who gets hung up on the pee-pee or fuck word if we say it enough he eventualy tires of saying it

BTW thats the shorter lefty on the rush [HTML_REMOVED] scalpel which has been around for alot of years the newer long travel lefty MAX(140mm travel) is not affected

as it was pointed out cannondale is actualy making this front fork which could fail as opposed to a fork manufacterer who would make a fork that fails

anybody tried that fork? for a short travel 80-100mm xc fork it just might be WAY nicer than any other short fork out there??This product is in the class of forks like the SID (none of those have ever broke?)which to quote the SRAM rep " if its set up properly has like 2.5 inches of travel " … not the long travel totem which also seems to be breaking eh?

June 21, 2007, 12:12 p.m.

Of all the bike manufacturers I admire cannondale the most. Pushing the design envelope. Any cannondale nay-sayer usually knows nothing about design-engineering-manufacturing and should go shut his pie hole and go ride his norco/kona.

June 21, 2007, 8:27 p.m.

IMO….i really dont get who the hell would want or trust a fork with only one stanction:(

June 21, 2007, 8:56 p.m.

After looking at the images of said fork, I've come to the conclusion that the
person who's responsibility to install the right stanchion on these forks has been
remiss in their duties.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

June 21, 2007, 8:59 p.m.

After looking at the images of said fork, I've come to the conclusion that the
person who's responsibility to install the right stanchion on these forks has been
remiss in their duties.

lol….nice one8)

June 21, 2007, 9:15 p.m.

thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week…

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

June 22, 2007, 9:32 a.m.

IMO….i really dont get who the hell would want or trust a fork with only one stanction:(

well if you drive a car or have at least ridden in one … YOU DID

a macpherson strut suspension which is on most japenese cars is the most like a lefty but look at the front end on virtualy every car/truck/bus ever made and they use ONE strut not unlike the lefty

a number of high end motor cycles use a one sided fork or swingarm … the engineering is there ,it works

try a lefty ,once you quit looking down at it you will forget there is only one strut

and they ride great ,they give you a little card with the recommended 3 pressures to use in the fork and shock and they are pretty much spot on and the bike is super balanced

June 22, 2007, 9:38 a.m.

well if you drive a car or have at least ridden in one … YOU DID

a macpherson strut suspension which is on most japenese cars is the most like a lefty but look at the front end on virtualy every car/truck/bus ever made and they use ONE strut not unlike the lefty

a number of high end motor cycles use a one sided fork or swingarm … the engineering is there ,it works

try a lefty ,once you quit looking down at it you will forget there is only one strut

and they ride great ,they give you a little card with the recommended 3 pressures to use in the fork and shock and they are pretty much spot on and the bike is super balanced

Ya but in a car theres another one on the other side of the vechicle if all hell breaks loose:trinity: ….Sorry man theres no way i would ever ride one of those…..have a look in the Whistler or SS lineups and count how many lefties you see?????? NONE…with the way the riding has progressed the last thing i want to have to worry about is riding some crazy fork design (like was said above) that the designers forgot to finish:lol:

June 22, 2007, 9:45 a.m.

I wonder how many of the people that are making fun of this fork have actually riden on it? Before I rode it I was wondering how stiff it would actually be and how safe it feels. Well… after riding it for the first time i was completely blown away by it… it was waaaaay stiffer than my marzocchi xc forks, lighter and I felt way more safe on them than I did on the marzocchis. I can just plow through rough sections on the fork and it is sooo plush and the travel feels so limitless compared to other xc forks out there. I love it… and thats why I own and race on one. Its amazing… stop judging it before you ride it!

June 22, 2007, 9:50 a.m.

I wonder how many of the people that are making fun of this fork have actually riden on it? Before I rode it I was wondering how stiff it would actually be and how safe it feels. Well… after riding it for the first time i was completely blown away by it… it was waaaaay stiffer than my marzocchi xc forks, lighter and I felt way more safe on them than I did on the marzocchis. I can just plow through rough sections on the fork and it is sooo plush and the travel feels so limitless compared to other xc forks out there. I love it… and thats why I own and race on one. Its amazing… stop judging it before you ride it!

Safer than Marzocchi?????……………………….:lol:

June 22, 2007, 9:58 a.m.

If you lose the front wheel on any vehical the other side isnt gona help much

whistler /ss/ sunpeaks … any bike park is hardly the correct application is it ?The max is only 140mm and basicly everything at the park is gona be alot more travel than that but in fact cedric gracia won alot of dual slaloms using a lefty

sure you wana dry to the 7-11 for that slurpy … maybe you wana walk eh?