KS Lev in stock anywhere?

Oct. 30, 2012, 2:11 p.m.

I'm looking for the 435mm/150 post in 30.9.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Oct. 30, 2012, 6:09 p.m.

I got mine here:
http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-KSLSP15.html

If you search the interwebs there is a promo code to get 15% off.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Oct. 31, 2012, 10:49 a.m.

I got mine here:
http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-KSLSP15.html

If you search the interwebs there is a promo code to get 15% off.

They had one 435/150 left in 30.9. Using promo code "Halloween20" I got 20% off and free shipping. Fuck yeah. That code only works today. Thanks for the tip!

Oct. 31, 2012, 7:14 p.m.

and good thing, man that thing is expensive! by the time that reaches your door, it will be one remarkably spendy bit of gear. i have the regular one (i950??) and i love it, and it works a charm after one failure in it's first year. it's now going strong on it's 3rd. let's hope it works well for you for at least a good 5 years. pls post a review and some photos after you've spent a bit of time on it.

Oct. 31, 2012, 7:44 p.m.

and good thing, man that thing is expensive! by the time that reaches your door, it will be one remarkably spendy bit of gear. i have the regular one (i950??) and i love it, and it works a charm after one failure in it's first year. it's now going strong on it's 3rd. let's hope it works well for you for at least a good 5 years. pls post a review and some photos after you've spent a bit of time on it.

When the guy said they had one in stock all I could think was "well yeah, it's $100 more expensive here than anywhere else!". But with the discount it was $360 (and free shipping!) so on par with any other post. We'll see what Customs does.

Oct. 31, 2012, 8:30 p.m.

i'm guessing sales tax (expected), a service fee of 10 bucks for handling (foreseeable), and…. hard to say. possibly some form of duty or tariff depending on source country, mood of person at customs that day, etc. if they ship it UPS, i predict a $50 brokerage fee. and i'm not trying to rain on any parade here, i just got a truck suspension system (2 grand US) in the mail, with $150 in additional taxes and fees. it's a bit of a sport in itself to try and guess the hit one takes in these cross border adventures. it should be a pain soon forgotten if the product lives up to it's billing, and the ooos and ahhhhs on the next road climb to the top with your mates! dare i ask, what bike is the coveted tool going to grace?

Oct. 31, 2012, 8:35 p.m.

Lol true enough.
It's going on a 2010 Enduro S-Works, recently recovered from a theft.
I actually already had a LEV on there already. Little did I know that the LEV has a very short usable length because the minimum insertion line is like 12cm from the bottom of the post. So it turns out 385 from KS isn't a 385 from Thomson (whose minimum insertion line is very low). So I sold that post to a buddy and ordered this one instead. I don't need 150mm of throw but that's how it comes at the required length.
I already know the post works well, is cleverly designed and overall really cool. How it will fare durability-wise is anybody's guess. So far it looks to be a great post but until I've got a fair number of rides on it who can know?

Nov. 1, 2012, 10:07 a.m.

So Craw what was the actual length of that 385? Is it measured to saddle rail position? My frame has a bent seat tube so 435 may be too long, depending on usable post.

Let us know about extra border fees you encounter. Thx

Nov. 1, 2012, 10:12 a.m.

The usable length of the 385 is 260mm. (minimum insertion line to rail)
The usable length of the 435 is 315mm. (I got this info direct from KS)

Nov. 1, 2012, 12:02 p.m.

Nice, thanks for info!

Nov. 1, 2012, 12:55 p.m.

looks like they ship with ups - better lube up. Sweet post though

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 1, 2012, 1:16 p.m.

been running KS posts for 3 years now on the shore… easy maintenance to keep 'em going thru the winter can be found here:
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VodHTo5zxls[HTML_REMOVED]feature;=plcp](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VodHTo5zxls&feature=plcp)

Nov. 1, 2012, 3:05 p.m.

Well it showed up today, two days later. $359 and no duty to pay on delivery. I'm stoked but because it got here so fast but that's probably because it was shipped through UPS' super brokerage which means I'll probably get a monster bill in a few weeks.

Nov. 1, 2012, 3:08 p.m.

Well it showed up today, two days later. $359 and no duty to pay on delivery. I'm stoked but because it got here so fast but that's probably because it was shipped through UPS' super brokerage which means I'll probably get a monster bill in a few weeks.

Yep… UPS will get you…. in the end.

Nov. 1, 2012, 3:19 p.m.

Check some of the history on these extra "delivery charges" tacked on by UPS and others. There is case law in Ontario regarding courier companies passing on extra charges to people receiving, having already charged the shipper. Taxes and duties are one thing, and there is allowance for a modest brokerage fee (like $5). However, the consumer is protected from having "service" charges tacked on, when they were not the person that actually sent the package. The company will call it "brokerage" but will often inflate it to the point that your charges can exceed the value of the item. I had those scammers at UPS try to charge me tax and service fees for delivery of a warranty replacement part worth $15.00. THey wanted over $20 from me, and I told them to stuff it. When dealing with Fedex, I looked up the precedent from Ontario, recited it to them on the phone (going through customer service and the second or third level of management), and they backed down and withdrew the charges. However, I still refuse to receive anything through anyone other than the postal service or DHL (they seem to be fair with their fees). Fedex, UPS, and Loomis are all no-gos for me as they have all tried to sneak in their extra charges.