KS i7 Service

May 5, 2013, 7:24 p.m.

My beloved KS i7 needs to have an oil change and bleed. Air has gotten into the system and is has 10mm of sag. Has anyone had to change the oil one of these yet?
It looks like once you get it back together you need some kind of fitting to pump air into it, dose anyone have this fitting or is norco the only option?

You can see the plug in the middle where the schrader valve will go to pressurized the back side of the diaphragm.

Here is a pic of the diaphragm.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

May 5, 2013, 8:21 p.m.

you're sending it to norco
those have a nitrogen charge, if you open up that piggy back you could be in a world of hurt.

May 5, 2013, 8:53 p.m.

you're sending it to norco
those have a nitrogen charge, if you open up that piggy back you could be in a world of hurt.

Why would they nitrogen charge the i7 when the Lev is not? The Lev you can charge with a shock pump.

And yes I did open the piggy back.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

May 6, 2013, 9:17 a.m.

just going by what they told me
i sent mine to them and they just gave me a new one

May 6, 2013, 10:15 a.m.

just going by what they told me
i sent mine to them and they just gave me a new one

Mine has been solid until now. I will find my bill of sale and ship it off to Norco.

May 6, 2013, 4:13 p.m.

I had the same issue sent it to ks in the states,It was gone for six months but is fixed now

May 6, 2013, 4:19 p.m.

I had the same issue sent it to ks in the states,It was gone for six months but is fixed now

That is poor customer service. What model di you have? And what was the cure?

May 6, 2013, 4:49 p.m.

Yeah the US peeps wont have anything to do with the people who bought from them, now have to go through Norco, I do understand that, but their CS went down big time otherwise. My 950-r is back from them and waiting for me at Sooke Mountain Cycles, let's hope it lasts longer than 3 weeks this time.

May 6, 2013, 4:51 p.m.

Yeah the US peeps wont have anything to do with the people who bought from them, now have to go through Norco, I do understand that, but their CS went down big time otherwise. My 950-r is back from them and waiting for me at Sooke Mountain Cycles, let's hope it lasts longer than 3 weeks this time.

What is the turn around with Norco?

May 6, 2013, 4:53 p.m.

What is the turn around with Norco?

A few weeks.

May 6, 2013, 6:42 p.m.

A few weeks.

Better than 6 months but still lame.

May 6, 2013, 7:04 p.m.

I have an i 7 and it works flawless now for a couple months I hope it lasts,

May 6, 2013, 7:47 p.m.

I have an i 7 and it works flawless now for a couple months I hope it lasts,

What bike are you running it on?

Like I said I have had good luck with mine, the KS seam to last longer them the rest.

May 6, 2013, 8:43 p.m.

norco fluid long travel.It worked great for almost 2 years.I sent it in 1 week shy of its two year warranty

May 6, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

norco fluid long travel.It worked great for almost 2 years.I sent it in 1 week shy of its two year warranty

Do you run it remote or with the lever? I run mine with the lever to keep it clean looking.