Kona Thoughts

April 23, 2014, 2:19 p.m.

Looking at a Kona Hei Hei 29er for general all mountain rip-arounds. Not into any real technical or hardcore stuff. Just lots of up hills and single track. Just wondering if anyone out has any comments on the brand and the bike? Safe Riding.

April 23, 2014, 2:40 p.m.

my wife has an older version but it doesn't look like much has changed. good bike for xc and singletrack riding, but not well suited for technical terrain. though there's not much of that around vancouver, it sounds like that's what you see yourself riding so yeah, solid choice

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 23, 2014, 7:50 p.m.

i have a Kona Entourage and i have been beating on it for 9mths now , still in as new condition pivot wise , no play or creaks of any kind , and my son has 2 Kona,s as well and both are hassle free .

#northsidetrailbuilders

April 24, 2014, 8:37 a.m.

When you said "all mountain", I'm thinking Kona Process. Then you said "just lots of up hills and single track.", then sure a Hei Hei will do it. But you won't have much as much fun doing "all-mountain" on a Hei Hei, IMO. Just get a Process and ride pretty much anything.

April 24, 2014, 2:50 p.m.

I have last years process ( with….. gasp…. 26" wheels) love this bike. Bought one for my wife and another for my son as well.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 24, 2014, 6:21 p.m.

^^^^^26" wheels? Is it weird?foreign?slow? fast?How do you ride this?

April 24, 2014, 6:51 p.m.

my son has a 2013 Process as well , he is a little unsure of it still , he,s only been riding for a couple seasons and is used too a full DH bike and is not a ballsy rider for a typical 20yr old LOL .

he finds the bike very tall when compared to his stab and can not get the seat low enough for his liking with the current dropper post , not to mention he,s used to the lazy steering and plush suspension on the stab .

i have yet too trail ride the bike as i know i will like how it climbs when compared to my entourage and want one LOL .

#northsidetrailbuilders

April 25, 2014, 11:32 a.m.

I'm on a 2013 Kona Satori and to be honest, it is extremely under rated. I bought it as an 'xc' bike to train over winter with the intention of selling it in the spring. Well spring is here and I am keeping it. Pedals awesome uphill, descends awesome due to the burlier 29er fox 34. Put it to you this way, last Friday I had a big xc day in squamish, on the way home we decided to park and ride up for a quick half nelson lap. On the way up I hit the Grin n Holler jumps and continued on up the road. It really is a 'do it all' bike. I'm 200 pounds and haven't even had a spoke come loose yet. Extremely happy and surprised. Just get a reverb and 30T Narrow wide.