Knolly Delerium T - It's finally done

Dec. 10, 2006, 7:44 p.m.

A couple of my buddies asked me to post some pics of my new build up here, so here it is.

I've been waiting for a couple of months since my first test ride for all the parts to arrive, but my new Knolly Delerium-T is finally done. I am so pumped on this bike, it is ridiculous. I had originally ordered a red, but Noel knew that I had also been interested in the blue, and after he saw the most recent run of blues come from the painters, he took the liberty of dropping one of those off at On-Top… he was bang on with that call… this blue is sick.

I've only ridden this frame on a quick rip down Bobsled, and Natural High since that's all I've had time for with all this xmas celebrating and recovering. But when I demo'd it I was able to take it on Cypress, Fromme and Seymour … and this bike is so good, easliy the best bike that I've ever ridden.. I'll try to post more of a review and some action shots, when I actually get some more time in the saddle.

I tried to build it up as a lighter freeride bike, capable of handling days in Whisler, skinnies on the shore, hits up to 10 ft, and long ass trails rides… The build is between 35 and 36 pounds, built with:

07 SL ATA fork
DHX 5.0 air shock
King/ex721 wheels
SRAM XO/X9 drivetrain
Race Face Atlas cranks
E13 DRS
Hope M4 8" brakes
Michelin DH tires

Here are some pics while she is still clean.

Have Fun
T

Dec. 10, 2006, 7:51 p.m.

Ridiculously nice build!

What pedals are those?

Dec. 10, 2006, 8:04 p.m.

absolutely amazing

Dec. 10, 2006, 8:05 p.m.

Sweet ride!

Dec. 10, 2006, 8:13 p.m.

I've only ridden this frame on a quick rip down Bobsled, and Natural High since that's all I've had time for with all this xmas celebrating and recovering.

T

Did you stop and talk to a couple of guys working on NH? I so, nice to meet you and that is one sexy bike.

You can tell that Noel takes a lot of pride in his work, they look even better in real life, I just wish I could afford one.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Dec. 10, 2006, 8:18 p.m.

That's a sexy ride man. Unreal.. just amazing… Have fun on that bike man!!!!!!!!!

Rex: I think that those are Specialized pedals.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Dec. 10, 2006, 8:20 p.m.

hot damn that thing is slick looking!

thinkin bout bikes

Dec. 10, 2006, 8:28 p.m.

ahh the welds are so perfect, holy crap. just look at the beads on those, even someone who doesn't know shit about bikes would be impressed. that thing has dream bike status for sure.

Dec. 10, 2006, 8:37 p.m.

Dope sauce right there!

Seriously that is one hot ride, I want! :drool:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Dec. 10, 2006, 9:28 p.m.

That is one sick bike. Enjoy that ride. :drool:

Dec. 10, 2006, 10:34 p.m.

The pedals are specialized lo pro mags.

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

Dec. 10, 2006, 10:38 p.m.

omgzors that is dope

brokezors

Dec. 11, 2006, 5:47 a.m.

ahh the welds are so perfect, holy crap. just look at the beads on those, even someone who doesn't know shit about bikes would be impressed. that thing has dream bike status for sure.

I really don't know why people say things like the welds are so perfect. Machine welded bikes often have nicer welds than hand welded bikes (I dont know if the Knolly is handwelded). And in this day and age, the amount of frames that break on a defective weld is near zero. Whether the weld is pretty or not. Also, the fininshed look of the weld is irrelevant to its strentgth.

Just my 2 cents.

Dec. 11, 2006, 7:58 a.m.

I really don't know why people say things like the welds are so perfect. Machine welded bikes often have nicer welds than hand welded bikes (I dont know if the Knolly is handwelded). And in this day and age, the amount of frames that break on a defective weld is near zero. Whether the weld is pretty or not. Also, the fininshed look of the weld is irrelevant to its strentgth.

Just my 2 cents.

ZHendo opinion had more to do with the frame aesthetic then it's functionality/durability.

While your comment on the weld quality, automated VS manual is accurate to a certain extent if you spend thousands for a frame it better look perfect and every Knolly does.

Dec. 11, 2006, 10:56 a.m.

For one I think the bike look killer, nice colour, nice choice of parts, it really looks good put together. I think it's a bike everyone would want to ride.

Just my 2 cents.

You may be right there, however, the weld quality does have to do with the care and attention to detail of the welder, and therefore an indication of the overall quality of the bike. I doubt you would see a poor quality bike with really nice welds, never seen it myself. You usually see welds like these on Intense, Rocky, Orange, and obviously Knolly as well. That quality of weld is just parts of the finished product on these high quality bikes.

.:NSTP:.