Knee pads

March 5, 2015, 10:24 a.m.

I also have to give the thumbs up to the Dianese pads as well. Solid trail pads that I've worn on full day Whstler epics and haven't had to think about them except after a crash…then I was really happy they protect well.
I ordered both a medium and a large and tried 'em both out. Went with the mediums and still have the large pads. Was going to list them last fall but forgot.

April 2, 2015, 3:46 p.m.

if anyone sees 7 Protection in a shop around here let me know

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 2, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

if anyone sees 7 Protection in a shop around here let me know

Different NV has them I think.

April 2, 2015, 8:11 p.m.

RF Dig. All day. Plenty of protection, easy to put on/take off, don't move when you need them. Not sexy, but also not $$.

April 2, 2015, 8:55 p.m.

^Plastic knee cap? Doubt they'd fit in any event as the new POC 2.0 stuff is too large in its smallest sizes.

April 3, 2015, 1:29 p.m.

^Plastic knee cap? Doubt they'd fit in any event as the new POC 2.0 stuff is too large in its smallest sizes.

Punky have you looked at the IXS Flows? Hands down the best pedaling knee pad I've tried so far, and I have tried plenty. Protection is minimalist, but most importantly they stay in place so you actually have the protection when needed.

They seem to size pretty small, I barely fit the large and am by no means a giant.

April 3, 2015, 11:17 p.m.

Not looking for a pedalling knee pad. I seldom wear pads when pedalling but if I do the POCs work good for that. Once those blow out I'll go with something more minimalist to replace them

Want something with a hard knee for Bike Park and/or shuttling. Either the 7P or an even rarer find might be the Dianese Pro Oaks, which apparently aren't hard knee cap like I thought they were. Last year there was a hard knee version it might've been made with aluminum:???:

Someone throw out how much those 7P knees are since they seem to be in shops around here now.

April 4, 2015, 4:33 a.m.

low stock low stock low stock u punks don't remember when mec was in a quonsit hut A frame on 4th ave do you, eh, mofos?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 4, 2015, 7:11 a.m.

Not looking for a pedalling knee pad. I seldom wear pads when pedalling but if I do the POCs work good for that. Once those blow out I'll go with something more minimalist to replace them

Want something with a hard knee for Bike Park and/or shuttling. Either the 7P or an even rarer find might be the Dianese Pro Oaks, which apparently aren't hard knee cap like I thought they were. Last year there was a hard knee version it might've been made with aluminum:???:

Someone throw out how much those 7P knees are since they seem to be in shops around here now.

I have a pair of med POC DH VPD knees with the hard knee cap on them. Wore them once, they're too small for me (they fit a bit smaller than the regular POC VPD's). PM me if interested.

April 4, 2015, 8:42 p.m.

IME the POC 2.0 Knees fit larger than the original ones. I was planning on buying a pair of small DH ones until I tried them. The medium originals couldn't even stay on my legs

April 4, 2015, 9:54 p.m.

IME the POC 2.0 Knees fit larger than the original ones. I was planning on buying a pair of small DH ones until I tried them. The medium originals couldn't even stay on my legs

Have both 2.0's. Reg knees are perfect, DH are too tight. Could just be a production thing…

April 26, 2015, 2:12 p.m.

I just picked up a set od gform knee/shin combos, haven't taken a fall on them, but they are light and everything…I just got them for around town, jumping stairs on the sea wall and stuff

April 26, 2015, 10:11 p.m.

I've had a pair of Indy for just under a year now and while they are pretty good in terms of staying in place, being comfortable (can easily pedal in them) I have two complaints:

1) The neoprene is tearing already (right below the strap) to the point where I doubt they will last more than 6 more months. Might have to look at warranty, luckily they are from MEC.

2) The bottom of the D3O pad sometimes digs into my shin when I wear them while pedaling. In dry conditions it is sometimes enough to actually break my skin. This is probably just something unique to the shape of my legs and the pads since I haven't read this complaint from anyone else (I have thick legs, the XL are a tight fit).

I'll be getting some Ambush knee pads instead either way as I want more protection for the bike park and don't mind wearing them around ankles for climbing.

Race Face were nice enough to warranty my Indy's because of all the lycra backing tearing. Ended up getting Ambushes instead for more beef. I find they stay up on my legs better than the Indy's, especially climbing. They are warmer but I still didn't mind wearing them for most of the day in Squamish yesterday. No falls on them yet…

April 26, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

I just picked up a set od gform knee/shin combos, haven't taken a fall on them, but they are light and everything…I just got them for around town, jumping stairs on the sea wall and stuff

g-form pads are only good for abrasion.

April 29, 2015, 1:24 p.m.

g-form pads are only good for abrasion.

I'm aware they aren't for heavy impact, as I said - for urban and dj./pump track they are nice.