Knee pads

April 29, 2015, 4:12 p.m.

I bought a pair of these 2 weeks ago, so far I have been very happy with them. They hold their position fairly well (I think I was slightly between sizes, need to gain some more thigh muscle this summer), don't get too hot when pedalling and come down the shin enough to help save me on pedal strikes. Haven't yet tested them on a crash though.

May 2, 2015, 11:51 a.m.

They seem to size pretty small, I barely fit the large and am by no means a giant.

Yeah do Indys fit small? med was a squeeze but there weren't no large to try.

-Never mind.

Where has anyone seen those "7"'s above Vancouver like.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 11, 2015, 12:53 p.m.

I picked up a pair of the RF Ambush and took them for a first spin yesterday. Great fit (on the large), good coverage and easy on and off. They do run pretty warm though but no issues with chafing on the climbs.

May 11, 2015, 1:18 p.m.

I had a pretty good crash in my IXS Dagger knee pads and the left pad slipped down and exposed my knee. I didn't get that hurt…scratches and bruises, but I am disapointed that I have not found a kneepad that does not slip yet.

May 11, 2015, 4:03 p.m.

I had a pretty good crash in my IXS Dagger knee pads and the left pad slipped down and exposed my knee. I didn't get that hurt…scratches and bruises, but I am disapointed that I have not found a kneepad that does not slip yet.

Umm. The king kong girth of your quads might be a contributing factor to this phenomenon… ;-)

May 11, 2015, 8:11 p.m.

2) The bottom of the D3O pad sometimes digs into my shin when I wear them while pedaling. In dry conditions it is sometimes enough to actually break my skin. This is probably just something unique to the shape of my legs and the pads since I haven't read this complaint from anyone else (I have thick legs, the XL are a tight fit

This happens to me too and I have pretty skinny calves. It's enough that I'm giving up on them and going to try something else.

May 13, 2015, 9:52 a.m.

I also have a pair of clapped out 661's and looking for a replacement. I have Tomcat's. Bought them in the sale bin at Cove years ago. These pads have been awesome. Hard cap knee, not too hot, never slip.

I'm going to look into Fox Launch Pro or RF Dig as similar replacements.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

May 13, 2015, 12:29 p.m.

This happens to me too and I have pretty skinny calves. It's enough that I'm giving up on them and going to try something else.

Try the RF Ambush if you don't mind the extra beef over the Indy. I'm much much happier with them than the Indy. No shin damage or anything else to complain about. Definitely warm if you wear them all day, but you can take them on/off without removing shoes so I take em off on long climbs like Legacy or Mtn Highway/Old Buck. Been using them for a month now both pedaling and bike park, they also stay up a lot better than the Indy ever did and I have big quads.

May 13, 2015, 3:13 p.m.

I also have a pair of clapped out 661's and looking for a replacement. I have Tomcat's. Bought them in the sale bin at Cove years ago. These pads have been awesome. Hard cap knee, not too hot, never slip.

I'm going to look into Fox Launch Pro or RF Dig as similar replacements.

Prepare to be disappointed. I had a tough time finding anything that stayed up and over my knees. Ended up with some POCs (3 years or so ago) but at a much higher cost to get something that offered the same level of fit/protection. Some of those new ixs offerings look good too, with a hard cap available on some models.

May 14, 2015, 9:55 a.m.

Man I was so going to get some of the Indy's but I think the advice above has saved me from disappointment. I will pay more and get the ambush…like that they can be removed/put on without removing shoes.

Wrong. Always.

May 14, 2015, 1:50 p.m.

These ION pads look neat. Like the POCs but with a bottom strap for people like myself not blessed with calfs

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.