Joplin seatpost

Feb. 6, 2009, 3:25 p.m.

I have been watching this thread hoping someone would be the test subject on the Kindshock seatposts. So far the what info there is on the KS posts seems to be good.

I came across the following site with pretty good prices. The i900 post for $119 USD. I am very temped to give this a go. Here is the link.

http://www.xxcycle.com/ksp-i900,,en.php

Cheers
Jeff

Feb. 6, 2009, 3:57 p.m.

I think Scott at Steed is trying one of those out. I gather he's only been riding the Surrey Bike Park and off his couch inside so he hasn't really tested it yet.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 6, 2009, 7:57 p.m.

I saw the write up on Steed's website and talked to Kim. It will be at least a couple of months before anyone local will be carrying the KS posts. So I took the plunge, hopefully it works out.

Will provide feedback once I have it and have some time on it.

Feb. 6, 2009, 8:13 p.m.

Gutsy call with no North American distributors at the moment. Hope it works out. Did you get the version with the remote?

Feb. 7, 2009, 4:19 p.m.

Gutsy call with no North American distributors at the moment. Hope it works out. Did you get the version with the remote?

No I went with the more basic KS i900. My XC/AM bike also does extra duty and I ride it to work when I can. So I keep a second seatpost with a second saddle and a bike rack.

This along with a second set of tires converts the bike from my commuter to a XC/AM ripper in a couple of minutes.

April 15, 2009, 10 p.m.

No I went with the more basic KS i900. My XC/AM bike also does extra duty and I ride it to work when I can. So I keep a second seatpost with a second saddle and a bike rack.

How has the KS i900 been so far? Is there side-to-side slop or play like with the Joplin??

Also, has anyone tried/seen this baby [Blacx]:

Website here: http://www.blacx.eu/blacx/

Here is an email reply from them that I came across:

No problem for maintenance. Main parts are easy to disasamble and clean and grease.
0-play doesn't exist in mechanical devices, but it is one of our main hits on this "little baby" dessing and production.
After a years of experience with other brands seat posts, we're absolutely focused to improove all aspects….operation, front-rear and lateral plays, travel, cable actuation, look-finish plate, weigth, travel…it took more than 2 years!

April 15, 2009, 11:19 p.m.

How has the KS i900 been so far? Is there side-to-side slop or play like with the Joplin??

Also, has anyone tried/seen this baby [Blacx]:

Website here: http://www.blacx.eu/blacx/

Here is an email reply from them that I came across:

wow that is some awesome grammar/spelling in that e-mail.

I got a Joplin, it's great. There is a little play, but I don't notice it riding.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 16, 2009, 3:07 a.m.

wow that is some awesome grammar/spelling in that e-mail.

LOL, no kidding! Website says it's made in Europe and secondary website language is Spanish… damn Spaniards need to learn how to spell! :rolleyes:

I got a Joplin, it's great. There is a little play, but I don't notice it riding.

I've given a bike with a joplin a spin before and it had enough side-to-side wobble that it felt like the linkage pivots were all loose - felt sloppy… Also I heard from many people that the joplin's require a ton of maintenance or otherwise they break down.

One feature that I like on this Blacx seat is that the cable starts at the base of the post (rather than on the sliding part) so you don't get have cable hang when the seat is in the low position…

April 16, 2009, 4:31 a.m.

I really like the looks of that Blacx.

I would like to hear some local feed back on it.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

April 16, 2009, 6:12 a.m.

Any dropper seatposts for 27.2?

Edit: Found one[HTML_REMOVED] http://www.rasebike.com/rapid.htm

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

April 16, 2009, 9:23 a.m.

I've given a bike with a joplin a spin before and it had enough side-to-side wobble that it felt like the linkage pivots were all loose - felt sloppy… Also I heard from many people that the joplin's require a ton of maintenance or otherwise they break down.

Joplin's, at least mine do require disassembly and clening , relubing fairly often. But it's a really quick job. Pull out the post, unscrew collar by hand, undo nut inside the bottom of the post and that's it. Clean and relube and reassmble. Ten minute job. The real guts of the mechanism will be different. I haven't taken that apart yet. I believe it has nitrogen instead of air. My buddy has taken his Maverick apart all the way and he uses air. Crank Bros took over the Maverick design but did they change anything? The post head is weak though. The one bolt has to be really tight to hold the saddle in place. Mine keeps sliding back. Last night I put a paint dab on the rails and by the end of an hour and a half ride it had moved a millimetre.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.