Jerseys 'n Stank

Aug. 12, 2015, 4:05 a.m.

No idea if you can get this stuff in the Land of Moose, Maple Syrup and Bears but http://www.halononbio.co.uk/ sorts out stinky stuff nicely.

Wiggle wiggle.co.uk sell it, dunno if they ship it to Canuckistan.

Aug. 12, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

Use powdered detergent, there is a specific ingredient in liquid detergents (not sure which one) that holds the scent into nylon fabrics. I was talking to somebody from Sugoi about this, it made sense to me, as my jerseys and bibs started to have this issue when I changed to liquid detergent.

Aug. 12, 2015, 10:37 a.m.

Use powdered detergent, there is a specific ingredient in liquid detergents (not sure which one) that holds the scent into nylon fabrics. I was talking to somebody from Sugoi about this, it made sense to me, as my jerseys and bibs started to have this issue when I changed to liquid detergent.

huh… go figure.

Aug. 12, 2015, 2:59 p.m.

Seems to me that synthetic fabrics "activate" the old stank after getting warmed up, even if they smell great post-laundry, as the OP suggested. Some of my cotton t-shirts do this too. What doesn't do it, are my merino t-shirts. True that merino isn't very durable, but its my fave material for biking and working out for no-stank reasons, as well as climate-control (keeps me cool).

Aug. 12, 2015, 3:05 p.m.

Seems to me that synthetic fabrics "activate" the old stank after getting warmed up, even if they smell great post-laundry, as the OP suggested. Some of my cotton t-shirts do this too. What doesn't do it, are my merino t-shirts. True that merino isn't very durable, but its my fave material for biking and working out for no-stank reasons, as well as climate-control (keeps me cool).

yeah, exactly.

I'm thinking I'll be grabbing a MEC (or some other less $ brand) merino shirt. Maybe I'll do a little DIY to turn a long sleeve into a 3/4.

Aug. 12, 2015, 3:10 p.m.

Usually Costco has marino shirts on sale in the fall/winter….super cheap (For merino) too.