Jeeze Louise Ive Been Spoiled with my E29

Jan. 1, 2018, 12:13 a.m.

I took the Epic out again today for a quick lap of Upper Tall Cans on Cypress after resetting the suspension settings the other day. It was a much better setup but I think that its biggest weakness' are the tires (Racing Ralph, 1.9s) and the brain shocks (which I didnt open up totally). The tires get caught in the rough with minimal side knobs and the brain shocks get confused. That bike is not meant to leave the ground! On landing, even from the small jumps exiting UTC and the top of Wutang, the brains kept locking the shocks up so the landings were like a rock dropping from 10ft! I hope theyll be better fully open!

Its a great bike - not the best for the Shore but Im having a tough time letting it go. But I will say that ripping a 19lb full suspension XC race bike around is eye opening. I havent spent a lot of time on the bike for a few years - it accelerates and pivots so much better than the E29. The bike flies, just not so smooth through the rough stuff. It was a mistake not getting it in a 29r. That probably would have been 10x better here.

Last edited by: Ddean on Jan. 1, 2018, 12:18 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 2, 2018, 11:13 p.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

Sweet looking ride , not sure I would like that dropper . I tend to ride certain trails fully dropped and sitting on that angled saddle would be weird feeling IMO . What are you thoughts on the rear coilover shock ??

That's exactly my experience demoing a bike with the wu. I hated the weird angle when I'd sit for a moment with it dropped. A normal dropper with a huge drop is way less awkward.

Sept. 20, 2018, 9:24 a.m.

Not sure if the Ohlins for recall affects anyone out there, but here is a heads up to anyone running one.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/ohlins-recall-rxf-36-29275-and-rxf-34-forks.html

Sept. 20, 2018, 4:24 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Not sure if the Ohlins for recall affects anyone out there, but here is a heads up to anyone running one.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/ohlins-recall-rxf-36-29275-and-rxf-34-forks.html

my buddy is affected by it , he,s not happy .

Sept. 21, 2018, 9:13 a.m.

Anyone know when the 2019 E29 is coming out? Interested to see if they will be making big changes to it like they did with the Stumpjumper. I have a 2015 E29 and I still love it but looking to upgrade in the next year or 2.