Interesting Cove

Feb. 27, 2008, 2:39 p.m.

Oh and by the way Tobius - since I know you're reading this - Sending me personal messages telling me to Get Fucked isn't going to get under my skin, or buy you any credibility.

Didn't you tell us to harden the fuck up?

Yep, I did tell you to harden up.
I'll say it again.
Credibility from you or your boyfriends on here isn't anything I'm interested in.
Try getting over what you are hung up on……… what some random dude said on a forum. You can do, you just have to want it!!

Feb. 27, 2008, 2:46 p.m.

I'll say it again.
Credibility from you or your boyfriends on here isn't anything I'm interested in.
Try getting over what you are hung up on……… what some random dude said on a forum. You can do, you just have to want it!!

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of you telling me to harden the fuck up, when my little pouting baby pic got you all riled up with me. And as far as being hung up on what some random dude on the internet said, you're PMing me - so again you've got it backwards.

As for your last message to me

Hmmmmm,
So do you feel better about yourself that you have to post STUPID SHIT continually or do you just like making yourself look the fool for perpetuating something you were beat at over a week ago?
Come on, you had your shot at it now let it go. You'll do just fine in life without this one. No one wants to see your facetious comments day after day about something you showed your complete lack of knowledge in. It's like watching a wounded animal. Some one should just put you out of your misery.

Yep - I'm obviously the one "hung up on what some random dude on the internet said".

Feb. 27, 2008, 3:01 p.m.

They have all helped me on more than one occasion, (well maybe only DaveM, but the rest of you are kinda funny). Calling these guys ignorant is…well…shall we say uneducated?

Are you saying I'm not funny? That's pretty much the only reason I come here, if anything productive comes out of this keyboard it's pure fluke.

Feb. 27, 2008, 3:04 p.m.

Are you saying I'm not funny? That's pretty much the only reason I come here, if anything productive comes out of this keyboard it's pure fluke.

lol

Feb. 27, 2008, 3:07 p.m.

:P

Feb. 27, 2008, 3:09 p.m.

I'll say it again.

You may be a an OK guy in real life…but on the Intertubes…you come across as a…

Feb. 27, 2008, 3:20 p.m.

Yeah that goof just sent me a nasty PM too. What a loser. I hope one day he can move out of his parents basement and get on with his life. Instead of picking E-Fights with people.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Feb. 27, 2008, 4:03 p.m.

it probably will be the frame that will never be.
My information indicates it infringes on the DW link.

The easiest way i can explain it is the bike is a parrallel link bike and the IC crosses over the lower link. So the fact that it doesn't look like any of the Mojo's, or pivot cycles, or IH bikes doesn't matter, the properties of the suspension do.
I can't confirm anything from either the DW side or the Cove side, I just read the patent and unless they figured a work around or came to some agreement with Dave I don't think you'll see this bike.
Also the Ibex Atlas is another bike you wont see.
Its really tough to design bikes these days cause before you even put pen to paper you gotta do your due diligence to navigate all the patents first.

If someone knows something different let me know, I'd appreciate it.

lol how could that even be close to the DW link??? if it did they would not have wasted the 5g's on producing the prototype. its legit

Feb. 27, 2008, 4:43 p.m.

Yeah that goof just sent me a nasty PM too. What a loser. I hope one day he can move out of his parents basement and get on with his life. Instead of picking E-Fights with people.

I'm guessing Tobius is more involved with Cove than he's making himself out to be.

Although I thought cyclist.ca was discowitch too so my credibility isn't really at an all time high. It's always fun to start internet rumours and see how far they go though…….good times.

Feb. 27, 2008, 4:43 p.m.

Ride a Norco, Save yourself from the Tobian plague…….

Shed head!

Feb. 27, 2008, 4:46 p.m.

Ride a Norco, Save yourself from the Tobian plague…….

It really does make the world a better place, not too mention it sure as hell classes up this joint.

Feb. 27, 2008, 4:49 p.m.

Riding an 08 shore, 07 six, and an 07 faze to keep my bike fancies satisfied……would love to try cove and other bikes but am partial to norco. Namecalling gets you nowhere.

Shed head!

Feb. 27, 2008, 4:49 p.m.

lol how could that even be close to the DW link??? if it did they would not have wasted the 5g's on producing the prototype. its legit

It could do so quite easily. I don't know the specifics of the DW-link patent and I don't know the specifics of the cove prototype so I couldn't say for sure whether it actually does or not. However, they are both shortlink four-bar setups and with the right arrangement and lengths of "bars" it could potentially infringe on the patent. The fact that they spent $5000 or however much developing it in no way means that it wouldn't infringe on a patent.

All that being said, it does look like quite a good bike. I just couldn't see myself ever buying a Cove.

22 Pride

Feb. 27, 2008, 4:52 p.m.

Riding an 08 shore, 07 six, and an 07 faze to keep my bike fancies satisfied……would love to try cove and other bikes but am partial to norco. Namecalling gets you nowhere.

I've got 3 as well.

I'd definitely give the Shocker a go if I was in the market for a new bike though.

Feb. 27, 2008, 4:55 p.m.

Yeah but the Shocker is too specific…….I've had pure DH bikes before and they sit around more often than not…..the STD looks like a nice bike though………would like to try that one.

Shed head!