Interbike Wish List

Sept. 21, 2016, 7:49 p.m.

I heard there was going to be updated Norcos? Sight29 or Range29?
I'd also like to see if there's a revised Transition Smuggler? Maybe in carbon?

Curious about other slack aggressive short travel 29ers.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 21, 2016, 8:07 p.m.

Tell any manufacturer that makes frames FD compatible that the FD is dead and they'ed better off having a wider main pivot spacing than going boost.

lol - you must be comfortable in your cocoon.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 22, 2016, 5:48 a.m.

rumors are the 29r Norco,s where spotted racing in SunPeaks last weekend , there wax a post on PB . I am very interested in these if they are for real bikes .

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/13959131/

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 22, 2016, 7:11 a.m.

steeper head angles (2005 team dh)

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Sept. 22, 2016, 8:02 a.m.

Why would anyone want a FD anymore? I don't know anyone who uses one.

Frames aren't as stiff, main pivot bearings wear faster, bikes are noisier, heavier, dropper post lever ends up in a crap spot etc.

They're just all-round shit.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Sept. 22, 2016, 9:16 a.m.

looking forward to seeing the new norcos as well. more aggressive wagon wheelers (short [HTML_REMOVED] long)!

Sept. 22, 2016, 12:18 p.m.

Why would anyone want a FD anymore? I don't know anyone who uses one.

Frames aren't as stiff, main pivot bearings wear faster, bikes are noisier, heavier, dropper post lever ends up in a crap spot etc.

They're just all-round shit.

I use them, you know me, you're clearly a liar.

Sept. 22, 2016, 5:48 p.m.

Yup, and there's some great stuff up there off the beaten path. We we're lucky enough to get a tour from Brent himself back in the day. The front side of the hill has a really cool drop, to winding slot canyon trail. Highly recommended. It used to continue right to Brent's house and his awesome bike garage!

Unfortunately RM wasn't at the Dirt Demo this year, so no Slayer. I did however head up to Ginger with the Devinci Django. That trail is crazy!!! Holy eff. I haven't walked so much on a trail since my first ride on the Shore years ago. The Django was great climbing up Girl Scout, but was a little less bike than I would have liked to have had coming down. Kudos to you if you were cleaning that trail!

f e r g s :canada:

Sept. 22, 2016, 6:10 p.m.

Neck braces, strong but light dh wheel sets, integrated stem/crown for fox40s and anything new/interesting for dh.

superheros
I like bikes

Sept. 22, 2016, 6:27 p.m.

hahaha and how boost allows for shorter chainstays, lol. I didn't realize it also affected the circumference of wheels too.

If you widen out the drivetrain you can tuck the rear wheel in closer to the BB/seat tube.

But I'm not a boost fan. Shoulda went 83/150mm.

Sept. 22, 2016, 7:40 p.m.

Unfortunately RM wasn't at the Dirt Demo this year, so no Slayer. I did however head up to Ginger with the Devinci Django. That trail is crazy!!! Holy eff. I haven't walked so much on a trail since my first ride on the Shore years ago. The Django was great climbing up Girl Scout, but was a little less bike than I would have liked to have had coming down. Kudos to you if you were cleaning that trail!

Not enough fork ? or both ? I did a parking lot spin on a Django and it had a Fox 36 150mm up front , they have a headtube spacer of the bottom cup , raises the front end 10mm or so if I remember correctly .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 22, 2016, 8:03 p.m.

Omg, you went and tried it! Nice one Fergs! Definitely a better trail for a Slayer than a Django.

Yeah, we tried to be macho about the first big roll in, but walked it. Rode the rest, but then that was during our dorp to falt phase and we were on 165mm bikes.
Kudos to you for trying to clean it on a 120mm bike!
How weird was it to a ride an entire trail without one speck of dirt- just rock, gravel or sand.

We did a final run down that trail at sunset, as Brent was dropping us off at the top he gave us this nugget: "There are so many rattlesnakes that come out here at night that if you flat, I advise you not to stop just keep riding." :|

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Sept. 22, 2016, 8:30 p.m.

Not enough fork ? or both ? I did a parking lot spin on a Django and it had a Fox 36 150mm up front , they have a headtube spacer of the bottom cup , raises the front end 10mm or so if I remember correctly .

Both. I don't think I was as clear in my note as I could have been - I didn't ride down Girl Scout, only up it. Riding down GS would have been a blast on the Django. It was my attempt at riding down Ginger that made me wish I was on something a little bigger. On a side note, years ago (according to our dusty memories), Lance Canfield said that Ginger was the scariest trail he'd ever ridden down.

f e r g s :canada:

Sept. 22, 2016, 9:03 p.m.

Both. I don't think I was as clear in my note as I could have been - I didn't ride down Girl Scout, only up it. Riding down GS would have been a blast on the Django. It was my attempt at riding down Ginger that made me wish I was on something a little bigger. On a side note, years ago (according to our dusty memories), Lance Canfield said that Ginger was the scariest trail he'd ever ridden down.

not familar with the trails I am a Fraser Valley trail rat LOL .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 22, 2016, 9:46 p.m.

A drunken rant…not filmed, written. Be sure to have the rant be regarding something quite random…yet still mountain bike related.

Now to get into a drunken mindset:drunk:… here are some ideas (be sure to read this while hearing the slurs);

- Why are handlebars so wide, they should go back to the good ol days when they were cut down to the length of your forearm
- There should be only two colors of bikes, black and white…none of this hunter-green, pylon-yellow, gouge your eyes out pink crap.
- Bikes should include pedals when they are bought - how do they expect you to try it out? Mountain bikers aren't picturing run-bikes for adults…wait a second - brilliant idea, run-bikes for adults. Bamn trademarked - now I'm going to license it to all these suckers.
- Boost may not be a horrible idea - Yeah I said it…now "Super-boost", that's just dumb
- could you design a tire that has suction cups on them? We could call it Mega-tacky.
- Instead of E-bikes being electric - we could design a little steam turbine heated by propane - and when its dark out, just open a bleed valve and you have a flame-thrower to guide you with light.
- Interview an Elvis impersonator about the new bike standards - better yet, interview a drunk impersonator about bike standards.

and to think I wrote this stone sober in my cubicle at work.

-Gord

Nailed it.