Industry Nine

May 12, 2012, 12:01 p.m.

Anyone have any experience with their products?

"I'm addicted to surfing."

May 12, 2012, 12:06 p.m.

I have experience looking at their prices and buying something else.

May 12, 2012, 12:31 p.m.

I rode them in 2009. The rear hub needed some maintenance, although probably due to being raced in the mud constantly. The spokes need to be equally taught. Otherwise they are super strong and ran really strait after racing all season, but more importantly at MSA and Bromont which are known for wheel destroying rocks. They have quick engagement. They had more drag in the hubs compared to other wheels when spinning. Also they have pimp ass colours. Also they are expensive.

May 13, 2012, 1:39 p.m.

I rode them in 2009. The rear hub needed some maintenance, although probably due to being raced in the mud constantly. The spokes need to be equally taught. Otherwise they are super strong and ran really strait after racing all season, but more importantly at MSA and Bromont which are known for wheel destroying rocks. They have quick engagement. They had more drag in the hubs compared to other wheels when spinning. Also they have pimp ass colours. Also they are expensive.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think they're over-priced when compared to the DTs or CKs. I mean, front and rear together mid $500's seems reasonable… Just wondering, as I may have a new wheelset in my not-too-distant future.

Cheers!
DS

May 13, 2012, 2:55 p.m.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think they're over-priced when compared to the DTs or CKs. I mean, front and rear together mid $500's seems reasonable… Just wondering, as I may have a new wheelset in my not-too-distant future.

Cheers!
DS

less than 1/2 that for Hope Pro 2's

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=184[HTML_REMOVED]CategoryID=756

3 seasons with zero maintenance, which is stupid easy when you do have to do it. Parts are dirt cheap too.

May 13, 2012, 4:13 p.m.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=184[HTML_REMOVED]CategoryID=756

3 seasons with zero maintenance, which is stupid easy when you do have to do it. Parts are dirt cheap too.

Duly noted.

May 13, 2012, 7:48 p.m.

Hopes are so nice. I have them on my Am bike and they are so sexy loud

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

May 13, 2012, 8:25 p.m.

dont think you can find brand new industry 9 wheelset for 500

engagement is awesome, but overall price is wayyy up there.

May 13, 2012, 8:30 p.m.

I've got three full seasons of riding my I9 wheelset hard. I've re-greased them regularly (4 times total) and I've replaced the pawl springs and two spokes. Apart from that, they've been bomb proof. I love the engagement, and I love the noise they make.

May 13, 2012, 11:34 p.m.

If you can get a full I9 wheelset at that price, try it. You will at the very least have a good wheelset and look really cool. I've been on Hope hubs for a while. They hold up great and sound cool, but I constantly wonder how much better more engagement would be.

May 14, 2012, 2:10 a.m.

constantly?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 14, 2012, 9:48 a.m.

constantly?

Really, calling me out on that one? I wonder about better engagement whenever I feel that split second of the cranks turning and the wheel not turning. Usually every couple rides. Better?

May 14, 2012, 10:10 a.m.

Really, calling me out on that one? I wonder about better engagement whenever I feel that split second of the cranks turning and the wheel not turning. Usually every couple rides. Better?

I have noticed that it slows you down.;)

www.FVMBA.com

May 14, 2012, 10:21 a.m.

Mine have been bomb proof as well.. that said, I'm waiting for them to mail me a 0.05 inch hex key so I can get my sheared spoke out of the hub… none of the ones I've tried can fit in there.

May 14, 2012, 10:19 p.m.

I've had a lot of experience with them over the last 4 or 5 years. They've held up better than any other wheel I've ever used by a large amount. The build is second to none, the engagement is so good it ruined me for other hubs, and maintenance is next to none (in my fairly extensive experience). Not to mention the sounds and colours are sweet as well.

That said, I can't say they're worth the huge price difference between them and Hope Pros.

iforonewelcome.com