Indoor Bike Storage Solutions?

March 2, 2010, 4:59 p.m.

We've got four bikes and live in a open plan apartment, and apparently just throwing the bikes randomly against one wall isn't acceptable :lol:

Has anyone got any experience of the various solutions that are available from Norco / Lambert or other local suppliers? There's one 47lb DH bike, currently two hardtails, a BMX cruiser, oh and a BMX but that's balanced on top of a shelving unit….

Thanks.

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 2, 2010, 5:05 p.m.

March 2, 2010, 5:12 p.m.

I'm in a 10' x 13' room right now and I use this to store two of my bikes against the wall. I had a third leaning against the bottom bike as well (45lb DH bike on the bottom and a 33lb AM bike on the top, with a HT leaning against the DH bike).

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

March 2, 2010, 5:18 p.m.

Why have you put up a picture of your truck J-Claw?

That MEC looks pretty useful.

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 2, 2010, 6:17 p.m.

Nothing useful to add. At its peak, our closet saw 3 bikes along with toilet paper, popcorn and a heap of other household crap. A DH bike and the Balfa on the floor, the Dekerf resting on the stem and seat of the DH bike, and I had my road bike beside the dining room table. Needless to say the wife was not happy with the risk of a chainring impaling her head everytime she went in for something, I ended up shrinking the quiver to just the Dekerf and a Trance.

Or get a house with a basement/garage.

March 3, 2010, 12:15 a.m.

So many options.

Hang them out of windows on bungees
Eat them
Put them in the shower
Tape them to the ceiling
Melt them down and make a mould of your leg then throw it out of the window
Tie them around your waist
Break through a neighbors wall and board up the door to the room you end up in and use it as storage
Put them in public storage for a month ($1 for first month) then move to another
Hand them in to the police and ask for a reward
Take them to pieces and put all the parts in bowls and saucepans and reassemble when you want to ride them

Etc. Hope this helps.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 3, 2010, 6:59 a.m.

So many options.

Hang them out of windows on bungees
Eat them
Put them in the shower
Tape them to the ceiling
Melt them down and make a mould of your leg then throw it out of the window
Tie them around your waist
Break through a neighbors wall and board up the door to the room you end up in and use it as storage
Put them in public storage for a month ($1 for first month) then move to another
Hand them in to the police and ask for a reward
Take them to pieces and put all the parts in bowls and saucepans and reassemble when you want to ride them

Etc. Hope this helps.

I was going to offer some advice, but how can i compete with that?

March 3, 2010, 7:46 a.m.

I was considering getting a dead lawnmower engine, and leaning a bike on each side of it out on the street….and people will obviously think it's a big wheeled Smart car and not give it a second glance.

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 3, 2010, 8:23 a.m.

Fork boots on a Marzocchi? Bar ends on a riser??

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 3, 2010, 8:26 a.m.

We've got four bikes and live in a open plan apartment, and apparently just throwing the bikes randomly against one wall isn't acceptable :lol:

Has anyone got any experience of the various solutions that are available from Norco / Lambert or other local suppliers? There's one 47lb DH bike, currently two hardtails, a BMX cruiser, oh and a BMX but that's balanced on top of a shelving unit….

Thanks.

There are solutions. But like anything pic's of the place can help get a better response.

Walls concrete or dry wall??
Height of ceiling?
Ceiling- drywall or concrete?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 3, 2010, 8:33 a.m.

I've got a couple of these - they work pretty well.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442620856[HTML_REMOVED]FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302692829[HTML_REMOVED]bmUID=1267633968457

But it really depends on your space and where you plan on having your bikes.

March 3, 2010, 9:19 a.m.

Darren @ Endless Biking can build you a really nice stand on wheels that can hold bikes, skis/boards, and has storage buckets. It's on wheels too!

I'll see if I can find a picture.

Myself, I put hooks in the ceiling and hang 4 bikes in my dining room. We roll them into the guest room for Easter/Thanksgiving dinner and no one is the wiser.

Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

March 3, 2010, 9:26 a.m.

I used to keep all 4 of our bikes in a one bedroom apartment, leaned against the wall.

Get two of these:

Delta Botticelli Bike Storage Rack

No need to drill, or anything and movable.

But I have to admit that JCL's ideas kind of grow on me, melt them. :fruit:

March 3, 2010, 10:07 a.m.

I got this:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/bicycle-rack-aluminum-bike-racks-tension-mounted

Although it doesn't work "tension mounted" - I screwed it to the ceiling and reinforced it at two points along the wall. As seen in the man cave:

http://photos.nsmb.com/files/2/5/1/2/5/mcave2.jpg

(photo is too big to embed)

However, I now store five bikes (my three, girl friends and the boys), and my son will be getting a bigger bike too and a trail a bike - in the process of re-organizing…I need some better answers also.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

March 3, 2010, 10:26 a.m.

This is the first one I built in our place.

I've built a second version in our temporary home that does not screw to the wall and is self standing. Will take some pictures of it tonight.