I'm cold.

Oct. 27, 2022, 12:37 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

Since everyone else has been super helpful….

Hot tub.

And a drink of choice, preferrably colder than room temp.

Oct. 27, 2022, 11:14 p.m.

Tiny merino beanie to fit under the helmet. The quickest layer to add or remove, fits in a pocket, and makes a big difference to temperature.

Oct. 28, 2022, 7:42 a.m.

My Dad rides through sleet or snow and has a whole drawer full of those bike specific fleece lined ones with ear flaps. They're lovely. That and shower caps outside...which stay on through summer too for some reason. 🤔

Oct. 28, 2022, 8:16 a.m.

Tiny beanie is nice, but a cycling cap has a little visor that you can flip down to keep some rain out of your eyes. 

Not needed for single track but def nice on road and mountain bikin out of tree cover when it’s coming down.

Oct. 28, 2022, 11:41 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Tiny beanie is nice, but a cycling cap has a little visor that you can flip down to keep some rain out of your eyes. 

Not needed for single track but def nice on road and mountain bikin out of tree cover when it’s coming down.

Hipster bonus points too.  But what if you're rocking the mtb helmet with the visor already?

Oct. 28, 2022, 11:47 a.m.

Posted by: BC_Nuggets

Hipster bonus points too.  But what if you're rocking the mtb helmet with the visor already?

And cycling cap doesn't cover ears. I use a buff when it's cold works great

Oct. 29, 2022, 9:45 a.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

You just need to get the winter version.

And it's a hard no on the double visor for me. But who really cares in the woods?

Oct. 29, 2022, 11:14 a.m.

Cycling caps with ear covers do.

Oct. 29, 2022, 11:17 a.m.

If you’re rocking double visors than I think style points have gone out the window…

Oct. 31, 2022, 10:43 a.m.

Ah yes the buff.  The one piece of gear I need yet keep forgetting to buy.

Nov. 1, 2022, 12:14 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

Posted by: heckler

Since everyone else has been super helpful….

Hot tub.

And a drink of choice, preferrably colder than room temp.

And ride bike faster to get to these two steps.

Nov. 3, 2022, 5:42 p.m.

I think Rapha, Giro and likely others make a winter cycling cap that covers the ears. 

https://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/pro-team-winter-hat/product/PWH04XXBLK

https://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/peaked-merino-hat/product/PMH01XXDNY

https://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/merino-hat/product/MHT06XXBSE

And yeah a neck tube/buff is super versatile. 

I have a few of those mesh under shirts for road riding. They're also good in the summer so your gut isn't wildin' out on the climbs with the tarp open.  

I'd say an extra/dry base layer or shirt you can stash in a ziplock in your backpack (do people still use these???)/frame/frame pack/fanny. 

Switch to synthetic or merino layers/tops.