I used my strap-on today!

Oct. 3, 2013, 12:12 a.m.

whats this device known as? i am still looking for it and need to go for it now and make a purchase. a help would be appreciated

:lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 3, 2013, 7:20 a.m.

A strap-on must be mounted tightly to provide riding pleasure. Mine only rotates if I fall on it. :|

Any tighter and the mounting hardware may experience failure.

Oct. 3, 2013, 12:25 p.m.

Update on the Mudhugger for 29: they are working on a longer version to provide more coverage on big wheels and therefore don't market the existing one for 29 even though it does a decent job. I'll mount it up to a 650 bike next.

flickr

Oct. 7, 2013, 10:33 a.m.

here's my full fender geek-out. figured since i spent the big bucks on this thing, it better be perfect. so i got a scrap sheet of ABS plastic and cut out this additional flap and fastened it with proper ss screws. perhaps i take my fenders a bit too seriously…. (but i had no mud butt after yesterdays ride) on a side note, as sturdy as these are, you have to expect some noise as they bounce around a bit when descending the chunder.

Oct. 29, 2013, 9:29 a.m.

For all those of you who do not want to Shell out Money to get a mucky nutz-style Fender. Do a quick Google search and you may come up with a 1:1 template.

I laminated the cover of an old plastic file I had lying around, printed the template, cut it out, punched some holes, grabbed some cble ties and am good to go.
Better than my old Motocross inspired strap-on.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 29, 2013, 10:07 a.m.

^totally. easy enough to find a suitable image online. find some random plastic lying around and you've got endless fenders for pennies. plus, you can tweak length / shape to your wee heart's content.

i was keen on doing the full fender thing on the wintermode hard tail, but it's been too dry to bother. stripped raw steel frame and i've got nary a spot of rust yet. dammit.

Oct. 29, 2013, 1:54 p.m.

I bought a schwackload of this awesome plastic stuff that I have been using to play with homemade fender stuff.

The awesome guys at Mudhugger sent us off some of their awesome fenders and while th rear one will not fit my prime…they are really well built. A buddy will be writing up a review of them shortly.

Oct. 29, 2013, 3:26 p.m.

I bought a schwackload of this awesome plastic stuff that I have been using to play with homemade fender stuff.

The awesome guys at Mudhugger sent us off some of their awesome fenders and while th rear one will not fit my prime…they are really well built. A buddy will be writing up a review of them shortly.

That's a whole lot of "awesome".

Oct. 29, 2013, 4:56 p.m.

That's a whole lot of "awesome".

Yeah, I overuse that word….time to crack open the thesaurus.

Nov. 2, 2013, 11:45 a.m.

Mounted up and ready to go! Did an initial run in the dry yesterday, and it looks like tomorrow will be the first run in the muck. Watch www.themountainbikelife.com for a full review in the coming weeks!

Nov. 3, 2013, 9:16 a.m.

What kind of plastic did ya get? I tried rubber stair tread from the big box store and it was a little too flimsy for fork crown splash guards. I'd like to get something that will work for a Mucky Nutz style fender.

Nov. 3, 2013, 1:16 p.m.

[ATTACH]9480[/ATTACH]

That's going on the 29er. Will swap the X-Board between bikes. Have other NutZ for other bikes

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 4, 2013, 9:36 a.m.

What kind of plastic did ya get? I tried rubber stair tread from the big box store and it was a little too flimsy for fork crown splash guards. I'd like to get something that will work for a Mucky Nutz style fender.

I don't know the name of the plastic…it's feels a little softer than the stuff that Mucky nutz uses and is a little thicker…here is a shot from my first try at the rear linkage guard…

I have made a 2nd one now that does better…keeps most stuff out of the linkage…don't know if it's worth it though.

Nov. 4, 2013, 12:10 p.m.

I don't know the name of the plastic…it's feels a little softer than the stuff that Mucky nutz uses and is a little thicker…here is a shot from my first try at the rear linkage guard…

I have made a 2nd one now that does better…keeps most stuff out of the linkage…don't know if it's worth it though.

Looks good, but don't you have to ride to get it dirty? ;)

Nov. 4, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

Haha, I was out twice this weekend. :) Man it felt good to be back on MY bike. Russ let me borrow his Paradox for a bit while I was getting my rear wheel worked on, it was awesome to be out riding..but nothing can compare to riding your own bike eh. :) How's the snow up there?