I used my strap-on today!

Sept. 27, 2013, 1:41 p.m.

Funny, all these small companies seem to be British.

somewhat understandable given their crap weather, but by the same token, vancouver should be a hotbed of leading edge fender development.

Sept. 27, 2013, 2:08 p.m.

that said, conventionally mounted full wrap fenders (with stays) are amazing if you can make them fit securely; riding soggy slop and staying clean is a novel experience.

agreed. do you have something link this set up on your ragley? i gave it a half-hearted effort on my hardtail but clearance between the tire and the seat tube/front derailleur just seemed too tight for a simple fit

edit: drew's set up looks pretty solid

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 27, 2013, 2:38 p.m.

I find those things always end up breaking. I haven't used one in years maybe they are much improved?.

Sept. 27, 2013, 2:43 p.m.

agreed. do you have something link this set up on your ragley? i gave it a half-hearted effort on my hardtail but clearance between the tire and the seat tube/front derailleur just seemed too tight for a simple fit

edit: drew's set up looks pretty solid

Wire stays will get all bent up with the first stick that gets in the spokes. Been there done that. Syncros I think was the first to make a decent fender with huge aluminum stays that would resist sticks and kicks and whatever else you could throw at it. Became a challenge to mount to full suspension bikes though. And forks too. I use a mucky nutz and wear my fenders, aka goretex and other water proof over shorts.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Sept. 27, 2013, 3:30 p.m.

I think that suspensionworx has them too…

Thanks Rivers,

Yes - we started bringing these fenders in last year for ourselves and our partner shops (http://suspensionwerx.com/shop-partners/).

Unfortunately - as the bike industry sometimes goes - we were exclusivised out of the business by one of our friendly local distributors.

Mucky Nutz makes a great - simple - product when it comes to the excellent front fenders.

Frankly, we were not impressed enough (covered / clearance) with the couple of seat-mounted rear fenders that we brought in to test that we would sell them - but to each their own.

We still have both Regular and XL Nutz! in stock - you can also find them at lots of great shops (Steed, Different Bikes NV, Kinetik Cycles, Trek Pro City, Bicycle Cafe, etc) in addition to the shops that Tony has listed.

Cheers,

www.suspensionwerx.com

Now booking appointments for all services:

E-Mail: info@suspensionwerx

_

Summer Shop Hours:
MONDAY - FRIDAY, 11am-7pm & SATURDAY 8am-4pm

Fall / Winter Shop Hours:
TUESDAY - FRIDAY, 11am-7pm

Sept. 27, 2013, 3:50 p.m.

agreed. do you have something link this set up on your ragley?

I'm just running a homemade mucky currently; the motivation to actually ride my bike occasionally this winter has me compelled to bodge together something with full coverage.

Sept. 27, 2013, 5:25 p.m.

that stuff is nothing new or exciting i had stuff like that on my HT back in the early to mid 90s , the one that attaches too the seat work well for commuters IMO it would be more of a pain to ride with on the trail where one has to get behind the seat at times . as for the fenders like the one on the blue Kona HT i did something similar as well in the back and had a set-up that attached too my Mag21 up front with cantis the fenders worked ok with discs i can see them working better as you do not get the mud build-up around the rim brakes and such .

and i run a Mucky Nut XL up front fulltime gonna figure out something for the rear with the rain season gearing up

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 27, 2013, 5:53 p.m.

Thanks Rivers,

Yes - we started bringing these fenders in last year for ourselves and our partner shops (http://suspensionwerx.com/shop-partners/).

Unfortunately - as the bike industry sometimes goes - we were exclusivised out of the business by one of our friendly local distributors.

Mucky Nutz makes a great - simple - product when it comes to the excellent front fenders.

Sorry Andrew,
I forgot to mention you guys, but I wasn't sure if you had the Butt Fender in stock.

Sept. 27, 2013, 5:55 p.m.

It would be interesting to set up a bike on a treadmill with water and see exactly where water goes with a headwind etc. Record with a video cam and play back.

Sept. 27, 2013, 7:54 p.m.

^

Sept. 27, 2013, 8:43 p.m.

seems there's more of an entrepreneurial spirit in the UK regarding this kinda bike stuff? maybe it comes from simply having more people i don't know.

prepare to see serious Mudhugger fenderage tomorrow in this space….

Sept. 27, 2013, 9:27 p.m.

seems there's more of an entrepreneurial spirit in the UK regarding this kinda bike stuff? maybe it comes from simply having more people i don't know.

prepare to see serious Mudhugger fenderage tomorrow in this space….

I think they just get fed up trying to get grit out of their goofy crooked teeth.

(Or having a mild climate and no snow sports to fall back on in the winter might have something to do with it too)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 27, 2013, 9:31 p.m.

It would be interesting to set up a bike on a treadmill with water and see exactly where water goes with a headwind etc. Record with a video cam and play back.

but what we really want to know is will the bike take off?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 28, 2013, 11:47 a.m.

:???:

Why not just have someone ride by through some standing water and videotape it?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 28, 2013, 4:27 p.m.

fenders? what you talkin bout fenders…