I need to setup my bighit!

July 18, 2004, 12:05 a.m.

I have puchased a bighit comp 2004, I have a deposit on it, I should get it in my hand by mid-august, when I'll get the money.

I need suggestions for tires and fork. My friend sould have sold me his mint 2002 boxxer for 550$, but it got a small top crown and it won't fit the bike.

Money is an issue, I would like to not pay over 800$ for it and I do not want a 2002 or 2003 m-arch zocchie.

How are the 2004 jr t? I had a jr t2 on my old stinky and it felt really bad, I wonder if the 7 inch version is better.

Maybe a slider +, but it's a bit expensive…

I had a 2001 shiver… I really liked those but I sold it… I'm stupid :(. Shivers are becoming rare and they are pretty expensive in the buy and sell.

An other choice would be a 00-02 monster, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to throw it around… I'm 160 lb, 5'11.

The fork will be going on a medium bighit comp 2004.

I also need advice for tires, especially in the back. I would love to be able to run a comp 32 in the front. For the back, I had in mind a 2.7 highroller, they seems to perform well as a rear tire.

Tanks for the help! The bike will be used mostly for dh, a litle bit of urban and jumping, but dh is my priority, I already have a blackspire as-1 and intense lock-on grips for it!

July 18, 2004, 12:36 a.m.

If money is such a problem why don't you just ride it stock for a while or are you only buying a frame?

July 18, 2004, 2:22 a.m.

1. the stock tires are pretty decent. they have treated me well in rain and dry.

2. ride it until you can afford the fork you really want for it. no sense in buying something just for the sake of buying it.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 18, 2004, 11:50 a.m.

yeah just get the bike and ride it…

worry about upgrding after u have some saddle time in on the new bike…

p.s. why didnt u buy the boXXer, and simply get a new drop crown.

they arent alot of cash for one…

http://www.bikeroom.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=FK4261

oh yeah the 04 Jr-T will feel just as bad as the jr-T2 u had… it'll just have more of the same harsh travel….:mad: