Hydration Packs

Aug. 7, 2010, 10:47 a.m.

ML and Trail are identical, just diffefrent colours. The Tour is just bigger volume. I got mine in Germany, but I think there's a CDN distributor now- Passion Sports.

Aug. 7, 2010, 12:05 p.m.

I've had 3 Deuter packs and none of them came with a bladder. At the time I got the first one I was told Dueter didn't even make bladders.

Correct that Deuter does not make their own bladders. They are partnered with Source and sell a logo'd Source bladder. The packs have an orange velcro loop in the top that is designed to hold onto the clip at the top of the Source bladders.

None of the Deuter backs come with a bladder so you can choose any that you like, but they are designed to work with the Source ones.

Aug. 7, 2010, 12:26 p.m.

Been rocking the Dakine Session on AM rides. Perfect size for me, fits some tools, a spare tube and a pump, as well as 2 litres of water. I can also strap my pads to it if I bring them.

I also have an Apex, but haven't used it in a while as I find it too big. Nice for longer rides, bringing more gear etc, but I rarely do find the need. I think the Nomad would be a better size for me.