HT vs FS

July 8, 2003, 9:59 p.m.

I haven't seen this out here yet, so what do you all like better, and why?

Oh yea, and I just turned my HT into a SS machine. Still got a cassette though, hahah.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

July 8, 2003, 10:24 p.m.

ugh……..

i like both ….

:D

July 9, 2003, 12:10 a.m.

fs cuz you can do mad dorps and xups with the double crowns but i go 50 feet how big do you go does bender suck do you believe in god (insert some argument from shed thread) is norco or rocky or kona best?

oooh the memories

i ride fs, have ridden a ht….but i just got it so i'll letcha know
(it's pretty spiffy though:D )

Insert Signature Here

July 9, 2003, 2:17 a.m.

meh, both have ups and downs.

FS (depending on setup) is faster in all situations. A Stumpjumper FSR will be faster than an equal weight Stumpjumper HT.

A HT is hardcore, and great for urban and whatnot. But it's a Jack of all trades, expert at few. The same can be said for the Monkey Motion bikes.

I figure people don't like Squish bikes because there is more shit to break. I figure a well designed bike with a 5th/Swinger/Romic will pedal as well as a HT with the bonus of FS traction.

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 9, 2003, 2:35 a.m.

Where's the fully rigid option? A fully rigid bike would climb better. The fork is stronger and stiffer. There's angle changes on a suspension fork when you roll something (for compresses), whereas on a rigid there isn't. Trails are smoother, and have nice trannies on most drops, so you could still hit those up on a rigid. DJs would be great. Urban would be great. Fully rigid rules.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 9, 2003, 3:01 a.m.

But if speed is your gig, the rigid will be the slowest and most fatigue inducing of the bunch.

July 9, 2003, 9:07 a.m.

dudes i bet i can do all the stuff on my hard tail that u do on ur dullys

ht pride

July 9, 2003, 10:16 a.m.

Originally posted by Surreyrider
dudes i bet i can do all the stuff on my hard tail that u do on ur dullys

I bet some people can do everything you do on your HT on a rigid BMX.

BANSHEE BIKES * AVALANCHE * BROOKLYN

July 9, 2003, 10:26 a.m.

Originally posted by nick1111
I bet some people can do everything you do on your HT on a rigid BMX.

I bet I can do everything those bmx guys do on a carbon road bike.

SOR

July 9, 2003, 10:35 a.m.

shutup pat!

fs vs ht. well, there isnt much you cant do on an ht that you can on an fs. speed is harder to keep up because you cant flow smoothly when there arent springs to soak up the beatings you take on a ht. you have to be more aware on take-offs and landings since you dont have springs to soak up an offcamber landing….

i think riding a HT forces you to be intune with your riding whereas riding a FS allows you to be more adventurous and go bigger because you can use a run-in with more speed instead of correcting any offsets you could be approaching a huck with.

its best to have a beefed up HT and a smaller travel FS. best of both worlds and you can help preserve your body and give the HT a break.

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

July 9, 2003, 10:36 a.m.

Different tools of the trade, each has their strengths and weaknesses, and each has an application that it is best suited to.

I have both and I am ok with that.

July 9, 2003, 11:06 a.m.

Originally posted by switch
Where's the fully rigid option? A fully rigid bike would climb better. The fork is stronger and stiffer. There's angle changes on a suspension fork when you roll something (for compresses), whereas on a rigid there isn't. Trails are smoother, and have nice trannies on most drops, so you could still hit those up on a rigid. DJs would be great. Urban would be great. Fully rigid rules.

well i used to ride a fully rigid, but there's no way i'd ride one now (other than for bmx racing) - it's just too hard on my wrists.

i have both a ht and a fs - definitely the way to go, specially when i have broken parts on one and need a backup bike :P

July 9, 2003, 11:56 a.m.

i ride a cove hummer and have done drops to trannys of 16+ft.i'm looking at a full suss for my trip to bc next year.it's a choice between big hit,elsworth joker,cove g spot,azonic saber.anyone recommendations?
sorry for thread hijack:O)

ride it like you stole it

July 9, 2003, 12:01 p.m.

04 Big Hit is your best choice of the bunch. The Joker is nice, but its single pivot. Big Hit will pedal better than the G-Spot, and the back end is a bit more burly than the Saber (although the Saber will outclimb the Big Hit because of weight).

04 Big Hit :)

July 9, 2003, 12:11 p.m.

ht pride

"you didn't tell them about my pubes, did you?" -Garth