How to patch a tube?

July 14, 2003, 11:06 p.m.

Did you take the plastic protective layer off the patch before trying to apply it?

Might sound like a stupid question, but you WERE at Fanatyk, with Blah.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

July 14, 2003, 11:11 p.m.

Park Tool GP-2 Glueless Super Patch

:)

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

July 14, 2003, 11:24 p.m.

Word. Glueless patches are the only way to go.

July 14, 2003, 11:54 p.m.

I got lots of tubes with 3 or 4 patches on them

anything made out of rubber needs a moldrelease to keep it from sticking to the mold… which also keeps patches from sticking

SO you gotta sand the area WELL with the peice of sandpaper included with the kit,you gotta sand a larger area than the patch

apply the glue to an area larger than the patch,you GOTTA let it dry well

put the patch on and press it on well,you can leave that celophane backing thing,it helps keep the tube from sticking to the tire casing …thats it

Use a good kit from a bike store,thing is by the time you get around to using the kit thats been rattling around for a year in yer pack the patches are fluffed and the glue is dried up

so I carry a spare tube AND a patch kit incase.You brought the tube with you so take the old tube home and patch it instead of littering .AND its much easier to patch a tube in yer basement than on the trail with bugs eating ya and dirt all over everything

throw all yer dead tubes in a box ,patch em all when you get half a doz to do and you can use up a whole patch kit

have-in a beer while you do it makes it an ok job

July 15, 2003, 12:06 a.m.

the park stick-ons work well if yo apply them right, inflate the tire a bit if at all possible, it will keep the patch from stretching and losing rip

FINISHED.

July 15, 2003, 7:23 a.m.

yeah I have used those stick-ons but I did a regular patch when I got home cuz they came off pretty easy

how long do the stick-ons last?

I still got some but they look pretty ratty from bouncing around in a water pack

I also got one of those stick-on patches for inside the tire from park but I havent had to use it yet…it's lookin kinda ratty

everything from park seems to be pretty good,I found their patch kits to be good AND you get a extra big tube of glue .

you can get 2" tubes for 3$ at MEC but DH tubes are way more so If you figure out how to do a good patch you can save $$

July 15, 2003, 10:58 a.m.

Originally posted by Keefer
**Did you take the plastic protective layer off the patch before trying to apply it?

Might sound like a stupid question, but you WERE at Fanatyk, with Blah. **

we got fanatyk to do it for us to proove the patch WE bought from them would work :) and it didnt :) so money back

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 15, 2003, 11:36 a.m.

Yea, like I said, you were at Fanatyk. Those guys couldn't fill a hydrapak with water if you asked.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

July 15, 2003, 11:42 a.m.

ya thats why we made them do it and got our money back for free :)

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 15, 2003, 2:10 p.m.

What's wrong with Fanatyk?

I think that's where I rented an A-Line and they gave me a brand new one! Then I bought a Shore…. I think.

Is it the parent's fault when their children turn out chauchy?