How much better is the Demo 8 to the Big Hit?

June 18, 2005, 10:19 a.m.

my sx weighs 41lbs. I don't think there's any way in the world that your demo is the same unless you have a pretty small fork on it and very light thin rubber.

fox 40rc - weighs less than your 66. i changed out the wimpy specialized tyres for Nevegals and it's still 42 lbs.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

June 18, 2005, 10:21 a.m.

the air pressure sets the platform (determined by weight and riding style)
the air volume sets the bottom out resistance (further in more progressive, further out more linear)
the rebound is straight forward
the spring preload is straight forward
the high and low speed compression dials fine tune the air and volume settings, i think.

nice shock.
same as my 5th remote, but mine has no high and low speed compression dials.
gotta ride now
later

BTW…all this describing the benefits of the demo and the sx is giving me flashbacks to trying to decide which one to get!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH
now i need to buy a demo to go with my sx!!!
maybe an 06!
ahahahahahahah

later again

June 18, 2005, 10:28 a.m.

6 way I believe

unless you got an upgrade, its a 4 way and they're pretty simple to set up.

pump 3/4 of your body weight in air: if your 200 lb ~ 150 psi. dial the compression ramp up knob in/out until your just bottoming out on the biggest hits. rebound dial to your preferance.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol: