how many people change their tires for the rainy season on the north shore?

Sept. 8, 2021, 8:54 a.m.

This is the first year I'm switching from MaxxTerra DHF to MaxxGrip DHF in the front for winter, be interesting to note the differences.  MaxxTerra DHR2 year round on my full-suspension.  I'm planning to continue to run the Dissector rear on my hardtail, little faster rolling and been impressed so far with its performance in the dry versus my usual DHR.

Sept. 10, 2021, 4:57 p.m.

Posted by: samroberts

I'm curious, do many people find it worth runing different tires in winter vs summer?

I tend to swap whole bikes summer to winter and my winter bikes have different tires on them. If I had only one bike I'd swap tires on it for the winter/summer. Even if I wanted to run the same tires I'd put a fresh set on with nice sharp knobs and a softer compound for the winter and keep the part worn rubber for dry season shredding and/or winter trips to the desert when that was a thing pre-COVID.

Sept. 10, 2021, 5:23 p.m.

Not on the shore but Oregon with similar weather. I have kinda settled on WTB vigilante/trail boss combo working well for me in all conditions so my plan is to just put a fresh set on once things get real wet. If things get deeply sloppy I may do vigilante front and rear. I love nerding out on tires but with increasing supply issues and prices it has been freeing to just decide on a set and deal with it.

Last edited by: Abies on Sept. 10, 2021, 5:23 p.m., edited 1 time in total.