How long is it?

June 7, 2005, 11:55 a.m.

How long is it in time to break in a Sherman Slider plus. I have a new one and it seems over damped. The rebound adjuster seems to be making little difference no matter where it is adjusted. If I let all the air out of the SPV chamber it loosens up considerably but it's not recommended to run no air in the SPV side. The recommended minimum is 30psi and that's where it is. Plus I am also waiting for a softer spring. I'm wondering if I just need to ride it more than the 5 or 6 hours I have on it so far to loosen up the bushings and will I not need the softer spring?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 7, 2005, 11:57 a.m.

i would say probly bout 10 rides on it than it will be good to go?

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

June 7, 2005, 1:57 p.m.

By overdamped, you mean the rebound is too slow for you? After 5 or 6 hours of real riding, it should be broken in by now. I noticed my slider had great adjustment on the rebound out of the box, but I ran it for 2 rides without air in the SPV chamber and blew out my internals, and my rebound was always super fast until I got it fixed.

If the fork is just generally too stiff, you will need a softer spring.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

June 8, 2005, 10:02 a.m.

By over damped, it is slow to rebound no matter where I set the control. Plus it does not sag enough which might be a combination of my lightweight, 140 pounds, the stock spring which I'm told is good for a 170 pounder, and fork bushings not broken in yet and still tight. If I let all the air out of the SPV chamber, it feels much better, but that's not a riding option as it can cause damage to the damper side as Keefer found out. But hey, if Manitou says 25 hours, I got a ways to go yet. I still think the softer spring will help, but I'm not positive about that.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 8, 2005, 10:40 a.m.

By over damped, it is slow to rebound no matter where I set the control. Plus it does not sag enough which might be a combination of my lightweight, 140 pounds, the stock spring which I'm told is good for a 170 pounder, and fork bushings not broken in yet and still tight. If I let all the air out of the SPV chamber, it feels much better, but that's not a riding option as it can cause damage to the damper side as Keefer found out. But hey, if Manitou says 25 hours, I got a ways to go yet. I still think the softer spring will help, but I'm not positive about that.

I found the same thing with my Slider Plus when I got it last year. Really slow rebound no matter what I did. I needed to put a stiffer spring in (even though I'm only 170 lbs.) to get it to rebound the way I want it. I'd make sure you've got it fully broken in before replacing the spring. Might just be a waste of money or worse. Mine seized completely on me after about a month on the stock spring.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 8, 2005, 10:41 a.m.

Put a Boxxer Ride on that bike Andy and you'll be happy.