how bout a good ol fashioned tire thread

Oct. 17, 2022, 8:56 a.m.

Posted by: HeyZeus

I've had real good luck with the E-13 tires (latest version in mopro with the EN casing). also appreciably cheaper than maxxis/schwalbe.

Me too. Running the latest E13 Grappler (similar to Assegai) Mopo in the front and the AT (similar to DHR-2) Mopo in the rear....Both with the EN casing (similar to DD). Good value and work as well, if not better (no wobbles) than the last Maxxis I had.

Oct. 17, 2022, 11:10 a.m.

Posted by: fartymarty

Has anyone tried the new Contis?

Tried an Xynotal (sp.?) in a trail casing. Think of it like a Dissector - rolls fast, about as much grip as a tire that rolls fast, good for dry and hardpack. Little vague on loose-over hardpack.

Oct. 18, 2022, 8:10 a.m.

Posted by: Znarf

I have a good dozen rides on a set of Continental Kryptotal Front and Rear (DH supersoft front, Enduro soft rear due to availability)

Both tires run without any wobble. They roll surprisingly well, especially the rear tire. And grip is excellent. I had some rooty wet rides. And moon dust loose rides.

Very predictable!

The casing feels fantastic, too. A good mix of support and suppleness. I don’t run any inserts and get away with 1.3 bar in the front and 1.6 bar in the rear tire.

They seem to hold up well, all knobs look like new still.

@fartymarty

Lots more riding in the meantime. Rear tire starts to show significant wear, but is still rideable.

Side knobs are still intact, braking edges are round instead of sharp. That is noticeable but unproblematic so far. I’d wager I got more kilometers out of it compared to a similar Maxxis tires. For sure I didn’t get that terrible wobble. 

No flats, great grip, surprisingly good rolling. 

I don’t know about Contis pricing in Canada. Over here they are some of the cheapest good tires, if you find a deal.

No brainer, great upgrade. 

I bought a DH supersoft Argotal and will give it a try in wet fall.

Last edited by: Znarf on Oct. 18, 2022, 8:15 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 18, 2022, 8:13 a.m.

Znarf - thanks m