home brew revisited

Nov. 22, 2015, 7:03 p.m.

can't seem to find an old thread here about home brew and the search function on this otherwise awesome site is lacking. i'm just about out of stans juice and the stuff is bloody expensive. thinking about making my own. do any of you swear by your concoctions? work better than stans or just a cheaper alternative?

Nov. 22, 2015, 11:37 p.m.

Look for Ghetto Tubeless.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 23, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

Maybe check out some of the competitors, like Joes or whatever. There are DIY recipes out there but they're not very cost-effective unless you use a ton of fluid or you're splitting a batch with friends.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 23, 2015, 5:02 p.m.

priced out some stuff. the latex itself was 30 bucks but the other items were cheap. like you say, if splitting it would be well worth it but solo it would be expensive but make a LOT of juice. will talk to the mates. so no one is going to chime in with their favourite and how it's so much better than stans?

Nov. 23, 2015, 5:20 p.m.

I use unicorn semen and microbeads.

(Sorry I'm of no use here I just pay for stans)

Nov. 24, 2015, 6:38 a.m.

Is it $30 at marks (non work, non warehouse)? Cuz the marks flyer that comes in the junk mail usually has a 50% off 1 item coupon. What else you gonna mix in, coolant? Glitter?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 24, 2015, 8:39 a.m.

3 parts RV antifreeze.
1 part ATV sealant
1 part liquid latex.

You can get the antifreeze and the sealant at Crappy Tire or wherever. The liquid latex you get from a make up and special effects store. I go to Hollywood North, just off Boundary in Burnaby. Their prices are the best. Overall, it works to be about the same cost as buying a large thing of Stans, but you end up with 3 times more. I'm often trading tire spooj for beers. The mix works really well. I've found it to have superior clotting ability compared to Stans. I actually have Gopro footage of a puncture in my sidewall sealing up right before my eyes.

Glitter is for arts and craft. It absolutely does nothing for your tire other than get all over stuff. With the antifreeze, it MUST be RV antifreeze and not regular stuff. The RV stuff is far less toxic. I tried Unicorn semen but kept getting kicked in the head as I tried to extract it.