Hitch mount bike rack

June 12, 2012, 6:59 p.m.

Another recommendation for the Kuat. I got the NV a couple months ago and am pretty pleased. Increased fuel efficiency by 10-15% from having the bikes on the roof (not to mention being able to get in my parking garage without unloading first!)

I've got the 1 1/4 hitch, and there is a little bounce on slower speed bumps, potholes etc, but very stable on the highway. No wiggle at all at the hitch and plenty of space to get in the hatch for the dog even [HTML_REMOVED] 780mm bars.

June 12, 2012, 9:07 p.m.

Another recommendation for the Kuat. I got the NV a couple months ago and am pretty pleased. Increased fuel efficiency by 10-15% from having the bikes on the roof (not to mention being able to get in my parking garage without unloading first!)

I've got the 1 1/4 hitch, and there is a little bounce on slower speed bumps, potholes etc, but very stable on the highway. No wiggle at all at the hitch and plenty of space to get in the hatch for the dog even [HTML_REMOVED] 780mm bars.

Really like the look of this rack! Did u buy this locally or did you have to order?

June 12, 2012, 10:14 p.m.

Really like the look of this rack! Did u buy this locally or did you have to order?

I found it on PB used actually, however you can get it through RackTrendz as mentioned previously- though local, they don't have a storefront at the moment, just online orders. They seem to be the only one in Western Canada that distributes Kuat. Otherwise there are a number of mail order US options, but the price difference is not worth going south (the last I checked).

FWIW, this rack also has the 'trail doc': a work stand that extends when the rack is folded up. I haven't found an occasion to use it yet, but definitely a neat feature.

It fits my Enduro and a Slayer fairly well, however a little adjustment of the seats is required (both bikes have wide bars ~740-780mm), but no problems.

http://kuatracks.com/products/bike/the-nv/

A couple more pics:

June 13, 2012, 7:47 a.m.

you can order a Kuat rack through any bike shop that has an NRG account. Basically if they have Chromag bars they can get that rack.

Check my stuff for sale!

June 14, 2012, 12:49 a.m.

What's the name of the rack that's on the back of Brandon semenuks mustang mach1?
I want that rack for my Toyota Camry!!!

superheros
I like bikes

June 14, 2012, 5:52 a.m.

I believe its a North Shore Racks NSR-4…. currently sold out. Although you will need to customize a hitch as its only available for 2" hitches.

June 14, 2012, 11:14 a.m.

Does anyone know anything about hitches?

I think I am going to go with the NSR2 since its only $400, and Thule T2, Kuat NV, etc are $600.

Looking at getting a 1 1/4 hitch installed from Uhaul… I'm just wondering, how do I know if the NSR2 will be compatible with my hitch? on the NSR website it says that "not all 1 1/4 hitches are suitable for carrying a bike rack". How do I know if mine will work?

June 14, 2012, 2:58 p.m.

Talk to these guys:

http://www.ehhitch.com/

Get them to build a 2" for your car and buy a NSR4!!!:rocker::rocker:

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 14, 2012, 4:26 p.m.

Talk to these guys:

http://www.ehhitch.com/

Get them to build a 2" for your car and buy a NSR4!!!:rocker::rocker:

Getting them to install my hitch on Saturday! Only going for the 1 1/4 hitch though… don't want to mess up the car (GF paid for 100% of it and I already make it dirty every time I go biking, so trying not to push my luck, hahaha).

June 14, 2012, 7:01 p.m.

Getting them to install my hitch on Saturday! Only going for the 1 1/4 hitch though… don't want to mess up the car (GF paid for 100% of it and I already make it dirty every time I go biking, so trying not to push my luck, hahaha).

Cool. I hope you still plan on getting the NSR rack. Made local by good people and not at some overseas sweat shop!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 14, 2012, 8:56 p.m.

Wow that rack looks underbuilt. Not sure if it's fair to mention that all the bikes pictures are road bikes and 29ers? To me that suggests that much heavier bikes just weren't on their design radar, nor part of their desired demographic. If the rack was burly enough to handle 4 40lb bikes you can be sure they'd want you to know about it.

Not under built at all. It looks like is it built out of billet aluminum. Don't make a judgment base upon the website. Come see one in real life and you will be impressed.

June 14, 2012, 9:19 p.m.

Cool. I hope you still plan on getting the NSR rack. Made local by good people and not at some overseas sweat shop!

Put my order in for the NSR2 today!!

June 16, 2012, 3:23 p.m.

I wonder how many auto manufacturers will go this route in the future?

http://www.gizmag.com/opel-mokka-suv-bike-rack-bumper/22479/

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

June 17, 2012, 10:06 p.m.

I got a Thule T2 916XTR for $350USD, shipped to Sumas. Picked it up across the line, told Customs what I had, they sent me on my way. Don't know where this $600 for a rack stuff comes from. ORS racks, they're on for $400 right now but they have additional 10% off coupons every once in a while.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

June 18, 2012, 9:45 a.m.

I got a Thule T2 916XTR for $350USD, shipped to Sumas. Picked it up across the line, told Customs what I had, they sent me on my way. Don't know where this $600 for a rack stuff comes from. ORS racks, they're on for $400 right now but they have additional 10% off coupons every once in a while.

Yeah I looked on the REI website and was shocked at how cheap the T2 goes for - the going rate in Vancouver seems to be $599.99 everywhere. Not sure why there is such a major price discrepancy.