Have you ever had a bike stolen?

Sept. 6, 2010, 2:27 p.m.

^^^ where do they sell them? not that I wanna buy any, just curious cuz I never really see ads for this stuff. Sports Swap? Sports Junkies?

Got punched off my BMX by high school kids when I was 9, that sucked. Asked some drunk Uni kids to help me and they went to the park and beat the living crap outta the HS kids and got my bike back. So worth a bloody nose…

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 6, 2010, 3:08 p.m.

I had my DH bike stolen by a crackhead living in another suite in a house I was renting in Squamish. Realtor came over to appraise the house cause the landlords were selling it, left all the doors unlocked and the crackhead came into my place, stole it, disappeared for a few days, came back and I confronted him and he left for good. Never saw the bike again.

No recourse. Wasn't the realtor's fault, wasn't the landlords fault. I got screwed royally on that one.

Mmmmmmm Sunshine! :rawr:

Sept. 6, 2010, 8:06 p.m.

1: got mugged by 3 guys beaten and robbed. Bike recovered
2: left it locked up in the street over night. Bike not recovered.

Prefer scenario #2 honestly. My own stupidity, no physical harm. Easily avoidable.

I always kind of worried about getting mugged when I'm riding alone without any body armour since I'm not very big without it and my bike looks expensive

Sept. 7, 2010, 12:32 p.m.

^^^ where do they sell them? not that I wanna buy any, just curious cuz I never really see ads for this stuff. Sports Swap? Sports Junkies?

craigslist.

I once went to a guys house near main street to buy a used derailleur. It was filled to the brim with bike parts. I walked.

The problem is that cops can't charge someone unless they can prove it's stolen, which is next to impossible.

Sept. 7, 2010, 12:33 p.m.

come to think of it, I think that was advertised on the nsmb buy and sell.

Sept. 7, 2010, 11:33 p.m.

I had my Rocky RM7 stolen out of the garage 4 yrs ago. White Brothers DH2.0, full saint kit and Mavic 729's…I liked that bike.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Sept. 8, 2010, 12:11 p.m.

Probably 5 years ago my brother and I had our bikes stolen from a locked garage. They broke into the house and grabbed the garage key but took nothing from the house.

The moment I got home I phoned EVERY bike shop within 200km's. Nothing.

Then I posted on here. Got a response from a kid who's brother's friend was trying to hawk the bikes. Got buddy's number and set up a time and place to meet to meet so I could "buy" our bikes back. Then I called the cops.

They set up a sting while I was at work adn caught the guys. Took two tries, but it worked. Unfortunately, my bro's bike was long gone. We eventually we recovered the frame completely stripped.

Bike theieves suck.

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

Sept. 8, 2010, 12:12 p.m.

Stolen from school when i was 10 yrs - that sucked.

same here ,that was the one bike my parents bought me …the rest I had to buy

so i started buying pre-stolen bikes from the police auction

Sept. 8, 2010, 12:29 p.m.

Got punched off my BMX by high school kids when I was 9, that sucked. Asked some drunk Uni kids to help me and they went to the park and beat the living crap outta the HS kids and got my bike back. So worth a bloody nose…

That would make an excellent short film.
:idea:

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 9, 2010, 7:02 p.m.

Got first bike stolen last night downtown from my apartment bike cage :(

2006 Norco Shore 3 frame
2007 Rockshox Totem Solo-Air fork
Bontrager Big Earl wheels
Schwalbe Big Betty tires
Race Face Atlas FR bars
Sunline AM stem
Avid Code 5 brakes with blue Straitline levers
SDG ifly saddle
DHX 5 coil shock with Ti spring
Straitline Silent Guide
SLX cranks modded to single ring setup
MG-1 Ti pedals
XO shifter
X9 derailleur
Blue aluminum rear axle

Sept. 10, 2010, 9:47 a.m.

Got first bike stolen last night downtown from my apartment bike cage :(

Sorry to hear that mate, fingers crossed it gets recovered. Have you registered the serial number with the stolen bike registry?

| My Bike | :scotland: XCer attempting to adjust to :canada:'s Mother Hucka trails…

Sept. 10, 2010, 9:53 p.m.

Sorry to hear that mate, fingers crossed it gets recovered. Have you registered the serial number with the stolen bike registry?

No, just with the VPD

Sept. 10, 2010, 11:18 p.m.

I had my DH bike stolen by a crackhead living in another suite in a house……….I confronted him and he left for good……..

when you said "he left for good" was it in a sarcastic tone while rolling your fingers together and grining….as in you killed him? :eek:

sorry couldn't resist.

last week my buddy and his wife had their bikes stolen out of their storage area too. someone broke in to the storage room and cut the lock to his locker……….then cut the cable lock that locked the two bikes together……but here's the kicker, the bikes were locked w/ one of those super hardened steel locks to the 4" diameter chainlink fence post. they tried to cut the lock but failed and i guess time was ticking so they instead hacksawed the post and then took both bikes. turns out they also raided another 7 lockers and took another 2 bikes. bastards deserve a rusty screw driver up their pen#s c/w a sudden quick full rotation every 2 mins. :|