Oct. 9, 2007, 5:01 p.m.

interesting

US prices(mrsp's)
2007 demo 8 $4900
2008 demo 8 $6300

Canadian prices(mrsp's)
2007 demo 8 $6300
2008 demo 8 $5600

i guess one won't be saving to much by going to the US to buy a demo.

Oct. 10, 2007, 2:24 p.m.

Free? You don't pay taxes? It ain't close to free brother. From the BC Med (OHIP or what have you) premiums to the taxes that pay for other portions of it, it ain't even close to free. Probably better that a full private system, but I am not really qualified to answer that.

and that's only basic. if you work for a company you get extended coverage ussualy. If you're self employed…ouch $300+/month to cover the family and that's above and beyond $60/month for MSP and $70/ month for long term disability. $430x 12= it ain't free brother. it ain't free.

Is it counter productive to ride on my exercise bike with a cocktail in hand?

Oct. 10, 2007, 4:15 p.m.

Not really - the Chinese peg their currency to the USD - so the impact of the downward drift should be controlled there. The other thing that gets pegged is the price of oil which is set in USD. Canadian prices should be dropping…and probably so will the output of Canadian exporters…

correction: http://www.danwei.org/china_information/china_currency_trade_revaluati.php

During the previous decade, Mainland China's Currency was pegged to the U.S. dollar at 8.28 RMB. On July 21, 2005, it was revalued to 8.11 per U.S. dollar, following the removal of the peg to the U.S. dollar. The revaluation resulted from pressure from the United Stated and the World Economic Council.

The People's Bank of China also announced that the Renminbi would be pegged to a basket of foreign currencies, rather than being strictly tied to the U.S. dollar, and would trade within a narrow 0.3 percent band against this basket of currencies. China has stated that the basket is dominated by a group of international currencies including the U.S. dollar, euro, Japanese yen and South Korean won, with a smaller proportion made up of the British pound, Thai baht and Russian ruble.

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

Oct. 10, 2007, 4:21 p.m.

Back to the OT…

SX trail II on the Specialized website for the States is listed as $5100, you can get one here for $4,400 at your LBS (but you could also get a small discount too… so even lower and no shipping).

I don't know, doing proper research and so on is important… but the fact is, car manufacturers are pulling their factories out of Canada, fewer jobs…

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

Oct. 10, 2007, 4:29 p.m.

Back to the OT…

SX trail II on the Specialized website for the States is listed as $5100, you can get one here for $4,400 at your LBS (but you could also get a small discount too… so even lower and no shipping).

I don't know, doing proper research and so on is important… but the fact is, car manufacturers are pulling their factories out of Canada, fewer jobs…

Might want to check the specs on both - at the retailers of course.

Oct. 10, 2007, 10:10 p.m.

Cyclist…correction to your correction…it's a .05[HTML_REMOVED]#37; max daily swing…not .03%..they're saying it's going to be a market float soonish…around the same time Chinese fx reserves hit US$2trillion in 2010…

Oct. 11, 2007, 6:32 a.m.

and that's only basic. if you work for a company you get extended coverage ussualy. If you're self employed…ouch $300+/month to cover the family and that's above and beyond $60/month for MSP and $70/ month for long term disability. $430x 12= it ain't free brother. it ain't free.

MSP (basic coverage) is $108 a month for a family of 3 or more. While it is less than in the US, it's easily offset by the tax savings.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells