Handle Bar geometry geeks...

April 11, 2012, 9:52 a.m.

I prefer bars with more sweep as the occasional tendinitis that pops up in my pinky fingers doesn't happen as often with more sweep. As for width, I've settled on about 30" for now.

have you tried grips without outer lock-ons?

I tend to ride with the hypothenar muscles right on the outer edge of my grips and used to get alot of pain from those metal locks.. Special-ed grips only have one lock and seem to result in less pain.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 11, 2012, 1:41 p.m.

to me the OSX geo is pretty much perfect, but I said it before and I'll say it again, Chromag needs to make some carbon bars :devil:

Have you seen their new gold chrome offering? If only I liked their bends a little more

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 11, 2012, 2:18 p.m.

have you tried grips without outer lock-ons?

I tend to ride with the hypothenar muscles right on the outer edge of my grips and used to get alot of pain from those metal locks.. Special-ed grips only have one lock and seem to result in less pain.

That's an idea, I'll give it a try next time the tendinitis flares up. It's usually only on DH shuttles and Whistler days.

flickr

April 11, 2012, 2:56 p.m.

Why don't you corn-holes stop all the talk about handlebars and just buy a set already. Jesus.

Wrong. Always.

April 11, 2012, 5:40 p.m.

Running OSX uncut and they feel perfect. Have an Easton Havoc aluminum bar on Truax and it feels really good too. Upsweep is the same, 1 degree in difference in bend and the Havoc is shorter by an inch. Riding them, I can't tell the difference. So I guess I'm part of the 5X9 crew.

Shed head!

April 17, 2012, 10:50 p.m.

Have you seen their new gold chrome offering? If only I liked their bends a little more

seen them, I tend to stick to black bars though, I also liked their old graphics slightly better…