Grips

Aug. 3, 2016, 9:46 p.m.

Lizard Skins Lock-on logo grip.

Thread killer

Aug. 4, 2016, 5:18 a.m.

Lizard skin north shore. I always come back to them, so good!

Aug. 4, 2016, 9:29 p.m.

One thing about the Ergon grips, I bought the orange ones and they are not going to be orange for very long. Going on two weeks and they already look kinda worn and a little dirty. They do still feel great and still no numbness or cramping but I'll go with black ones next time.

Aug. 12, 2016, 9:57 p.m.

If you like a little wider diameter I am running the Chromag Squarewaves, very comfy. I do wear gloves though and I don't know how the grips would feel on a bare hand after a long while.

slow is smooth and smooth is fast

Aug. 13, 2016, 10:13 a.m.

Someone needs to buy the suspension grips that were reviewed on PB and report back.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 13, 2016, 3:24 p.m.

for what,s it is worth I ride with a couple guys who know the tester real well , and they said if he is that stoked it,s worth trying yourself

#northsidetrailbuilders

Aug. 13, 2016, 5:59 p.m.

That's what I mean. I'd like to try them BT don't believe I'll get enough riding in during the money back time to really give them an honest shot.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 13, 2016, 7:36 p.m.

I note a few people having trouble with the ESI silicone grips (not just foam). I put mine on with rubbing alchol. I plug one end with a finger, pour in a bit of alcohol, swirl it for even coverage, and then work it over the bar…..that actually sounds like I'm doing something else :/

Anyway, been using the ESI chunkies on 4 different bikes now, probably 6 different bars. Never had a problem with throttling. They are more fragile, and one pair generally gets me through a season. I've tried other grips in-between, but keep going back to the ESIs. I see a few similar products creeping into the market now. I've tried true foam grips, and hated them…zero damping, major hand fatigue. The silicon grips seem to be the right choice for me.

Aug. 13, 2016, 10:03 p.m.

Ive been ridinf with ge2`1s for couple years getting worn now was looking at the ga2 's .. Can you swap the lock ring for a lev remote??

Go for the Shimano shifter conversion for your LEV. Such a sweet upgrade…

I too like the ODI TLDs. Have gone to Ruffians again and they offer less cushion. Not sure I prefer them.

Aug. 15, 2016, 3:46 p.m.

I have been running the Race Face Strafe (or something like that) because I found my hands were cramping up with skinnier grips. I am thinking of trying something different though, just for shits and giggles. Might even go thin again. The Race Face Love Handles look like an interesting option.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 17, 2016, 1:07 a.m.

Why don't more people like them ESI foam grips?
The stickiness is fine when they are clean
and they definitely dampen wrist shock through the bars.
http://www.esigrips.com/

What am I missing here about why they are not more popular?

Aug. 17, 2016, 6:50 a.m.

Likely cause they're not lock-ons.

I just went back to Oury's. Tried a bunch of different grips this year. Ergon GS1 (liked except in techy sections), Token's (too thin) [HTML_REMOVED] Lizard Skins DSP (went to shit real quick). Then rode a friends bike with Oury's and remembered I had them on an older bike and loved them. Why did I ever try anything else….

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Aug. 17, 2016, 6:52 a.m.

They don't lock on do they?

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 17, 2016, 7:47 a.m.

Everyone's experience will be different.

I tried the ESIs for most of a season. I didn't have any throttling issues, however they were slippery in the rain/mud. I blew my hands off a few times (wrecking in the process) as I was coming off drops/jumps at speed, and that was it for me.

I've since gone back to the house-brand grips and have some "deathgrips" en route from CRC, so we'll see.

-Gord

Aug. 17, 2016, 9:47 a.m.

I just installed 2 new sets of Octane One Bolt-Ons over stock grips that were [as they do] prematurely wearing.

Used these in the past, continue to use them today, simple, grippy, durable, and bomber fastening. On wider bars I like the "long" option as it gives more hand-zone depending on what you're doing.

To each their own.

"I'm addicted to surfing."