Grips

Aug. 2, 2016, 7:13 p.m.

I just picked up some Ergon GE1's and really like them.

Aug. 2, 2016, 9:28 p.m.

Got GE1's on my current bike and have another pair on the way for my newbuild. Like them better than the ODI Rogue's, and way better than the Ruffian's. I've got big hands and long fingers so that extra material in the middle of the grip is a huge plus.

Aug. 2, 2016, 9:34 p.m.

ESI silicone are what I prefer , since switching to them I get less numb hand on long climbs and less hand cramps on the down . The downside is they do throttle grip , but after riding them all winter I will continue to use this type of grips.

I have been thinking about trying these. What do you mean by "throttle grip"? They slip (twist) on the bar?

Thanks

Aug. 3, 2016, 5:52 a.m.

I have been thinking about trying these. What do you mean by "throttle grip"? They slip (twist) on the bar?

Thanks

yeah

old saying we used before Lock-on grips came out .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Aug. 3, 2016, 6:48 a.m.

ESI silicone are what I prefer , since switching to them I get less numb hand on long climbs and less hand cramps on the down . The downside is they do throttle grip , but after riding them all winter I will continue to use this type of grips.

Super comfy, always wanted those as lock ons. Alternatively, there are some sram single sided lock on foam grips that are decent.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Aug. 3, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

you just lose a good bit of foam thickness with a lock-on iteration. interesting - i've been running esi (chunky) for the last couple months, and have been loving them. just picked up some of these - cause they look rad, lack the end clamp, come in a thicker, soft compound variation, and have the mushroom inner bit (thinking they'd offer more cush than my old standard ruffians that weren't doing my hands any favors).

while these do offer better grip than the esi (i'd prefer these in the soggy weather, where the smooth foam grips can get a bit slimy), the esi's reduction in high frequency damping is quite noticeable. to the extent that i can feel the hand fatigue the next day after riding the deathgrips (that i'd not experienced previously with the foam). surprisingly effective. think i'll have to toss them back on.

Aug. 3, 2016, 9:25 a.m.

you just lose a good bit of foam thickness with a lock-on iteration. interesting - i've been running esi (chunky) for the last couple months, and have been loving them. just picked up some of these - cause they look rad, lack the end clamp, come in a thicker, soft compound variation, and have the mushroom inner bit (thinking they'd offer more cush than my old standard ruffians that weren't doing my hands any favors).

while these do offer better grip than the esi (i'd prefer these in the soggy weather, where the smooth foam grips can get a bit slimy), the esi's reduction in high frequency damping is quite noticeable. to the extent that i can feel the hand fatigue the next day after riding the deathgrips (that i'd not experienced previously with the foam). surprisingly effective. think i'll have to toss them back on.

These look great. Where did you buy them?

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 3, 2016, 10:29 a.m.

Happy Race Face Half Nelson user here. I like the single clamp design as i find double clamps hurt my hands.

ESIs are nice but they are too bloody fragile!

Aug. 3, 2016, 11:06 a.m.

lizard skin north shore for me. nice and chunky and last forever.

Aug. 3, 2016, 11:17 a.m.

Only ever used Ruffians and I like them (although when worn they start to suck quickly). Heard a lot of good things about Ergon and Easton so I'm tempted to try em out. I have smaller hands so don't need a huge grip.

Aug. 3, 2016, 11:18 a.m.

These look great. Where did you buy them?

ye olde crc.

Aug. 3, 2016, 2:27 p.m.

You ESI'ers can tie wire around the grip to help secure it. Or use grip glue. I looked at the Deathgrip but likely too Ruffian for my liking.
Thought about Ergon grips as they actually have ergo design in them, but I dunno. TLD is working for the time. If they made the same grip in a slip-on/glue-on I'd give it a go.

Some what interested in the Renthal Traction Grips

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 3, 2016, 2:39 p.m.

i've not had any issues with esi's throttling. i put them on dry with a compressor, and they stay put.

Aug. 3, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

i'm sure all things Renthal are high quality but i'm just not feeling it. stems look like hell, bars appear std and those grips with the massive outer ring? i just don't get the appeal of this company's mtn bike stuff…

Aug. 3, 2016, 8:06 p.m.

No love for the Octane One's, eh?

I must be ghey :fruit: (…not that there's anything wrong with that)

"I'm addicted to surfing."