GEAR REPAIR MATTERS!

Jan. 10, 2019, 1:03 p.m.

Hey Everyone!

We've recently launched a new outdoor gear repair shop in Vancouver. Our focus is to prevent textile waste via the outdoor industry by repairing, altering, and prolonging the life of all your outdoor equipment! 

We've got the skills and equipment to repair or alter almost any outdoor gear\! Shorts, pants, padding, bags, gloves, jerseys.... you get the picture here!)

If you've got items in need of repair, get in touch with us via our website below! 

www.exploreoutsiders.com

THANKS!

-Outsiders

Jan. 11, 2019, 7:59 a.m.

I like the sound of this. Gloves are the main thing that always seem to pop at the seams and I hate to see them go in the garbage. I try to fix myself but the repair never lasts that long. Next pair that it happens to I'm sending you an email.

Jan. 11, 2019, 9:33 a.m.

Where are you located in Vancouver? Web makes it seem like this is a fully web-based service.

A few more details would be helpful.

Jan. 11, 2019, 10:12 a.m.

Posted by: Kieran

I like the sound of this. Gloves are the main thing that always seem to pop at the seams and I hate to see them go in the garbage. I try to fix myself but the repair never lasts that long. Next pair that it happens to I'm sending you an email.

How do you try to fix them? I always recommend Aqua seal which can double the life of a glove, glue on loose velcro, patch  holes in gortex  but most people don't get it

Jan. 11, 2019, 5:08 p.m.

Until now I've fixed my gloves by taking them to the lady at my local laundromat. I always tell her make the repair tough not pretty. A few bucks to keep gloves another couple of months is a good investment.

Also, Nanotips is good stuff. You paint it on your glove fingertips and it enables them to operate a touch screen. Usually index and thumb is enough. I usually have to repaint every six months or so.