Garmin help

Sept. 8, 2016, 9:44 p.m.

So did a ride today, Garmin uploaded ride to Connect. Connect did not load to Strava. I deleted the activity on Connect hoping the device would re-upload to Connect and then to Strava. Now nothing happens, the activity is still on the device. I tried to manually upload on my laptop but windows does not recognize the file type. Please help, I'm dumb with computers :)

Sept. 9, 2016, 7:14 a.m.

its because you touch yourself.

Sept. 9, 2016, 8:23 a.m.

Think of the kittens

Sept. 9, 2016, 8:51 a.m.

My experience with Garmin software is that it is pretty crappy.

For future reference, if your ride goes to Connect, but not to Strava, you can export the track from Connect and manually upload it to Strava.

What device is it?

Sept. 9, 2016, 8:58 a.m.

For future reference, if your ride goes to Connect, but not to Strava, you can export the track from Connect and manually upload it to Strava.

What device is it?

Dave and Wayne I just want to thank the both of you for your insightful and helpful advice.

Paul, It's an Edge 25 (the little guy). I guess I'll just forget about this ride and press on, wasn't special or anything.

Sept. 9, 2016, 9:07 a.m.

Agree 100%. Their user forums are littered with complaints about upload issues.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Sept. 9, 2016, 9:45 a.m.

I use the LEZYNE MINI GPS I choose that after hearing about Garmin issues , so far it,s been great .It does get finicky in the wet and can be hard to shut down , and can give some pretty funky trail logs if turned on while in motion in the car .

One of the spots I ride has bad GPS reception and sometimes your are 800m into a ride before getting a signal so I tried turning it one a few minutes prior to arriving at the spot .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 9, 2016, 11:38 a.m.

Paul, It's an Edge 25 (the little guy).

Did you use Garmin Express on a computer, or the Garmin phone app to upload to Connect? I know Express is a one shot deal… if it uploads an activity once, you can't do it again. I've never used the app, maybe it lets you look at past activities and upload them again.

To be fair, sometimes the problem is on Strava's end. On the August long weekend their servers were completely overloaded and causing massive upload/transfer failures.

Sept. 9, 2016, 11:50 a.m.

Did you use Garmin Express on a computer, or the Garmin phone app to upload to Connect? I know Express is a one shot deal… if it uploads an activity once, you can't do it again. I've never used the app, maybe it lets you look at past activities and upload them again.

To be fair, sometimes the problem is on Strava's end. On the August long weekend their servers were completely overloaded and causing massive upload/transfer failures.

Phone app to Connect. Yeah I'm pretty sure it was an error on Stravas end as it did immediately sync to Connect. No big deal. I've had this thing for a while now and this is the first hiccup.

Sept. 9, 2016, 12:05 p.m.

Phone app to Connect. Yeah I'm pretty sure it was an error on Stravas end as it did immediately sync to Connect. No big deal. I've had this thing for a while now and this is the first hiccup.

I am pretty sure the app is a one shot deal too.

Sept. 9, 2016, 12:33 p.m.

So did a ride today, Garmin uploaded ride to Connect. Connect did not load to Strava. I deleted the activity on Connect hoping the device would re-upload to Connect and then to Strava. Now nothing happens, the activity is still on the device. I tried to manually upload on my laptop but windows does not recognize the file type. Please help, I'm dumb with computers :)

You should be able to plug the device into a computer via USB, find the activity history folder and then upload that file manually to Strava. I believe they are .fit files…

Sept. 9, 2016, 1:27 p.m.

You should be able to plug the device into a computer via USB, find the activity history folder and then upload that file manually to Strava. I believe they are .fit files…

.fit files! Yes this is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Sept. 9, 2016, 1:29 p.m.

that,s how I load my rides with my Leyzne , they have their own starva type site that links to strava and trailforks

#northsidetrailbuilders