Full vs Open Face Helmets.

July 25, 2014, 10 a.m.

Are you sure? It looks like it bolts on through existing vents. I would think there would be a better market for an add-on since so many people bought the Super. If I'm going to spend $300 for another helmet then I'll buy the Urge and have more options!

It is hard to see how the side latches attach to the helmet, but I think there has to be something to latch onto that is an integral part of the helmet and vents would not be skookum enough. The rear attachment does look like it plugs into existing vents but not the sides. I think that there is a little lip for a catch at the front side of the helmet edge just in front of the temples.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 25, 2014, 10:16 a.m.

Are you sure? It looks like it bolts on through existing vents. I would think there would be a better market for an add-on since so many people bought the Super. If I'm going to spend $300 for another helmet then I'll buy the Urge and have more options!

yay just compared my kids Super he just got a few weeks back and the area around the ear is different , his is cut out for the ear this design is not so too me it,s a different helmet mold

#northsidetrailbuilders

July 26, 2014, 10:23 p.m.

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/79475/s780_DT_EWSCO_Friday_10.jpg?1406369626

here,s good shot on the new Bell Super 2

#northsidetrailbuilders

July 26, 2014, 10:53 p.m.

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/79475/s780_DT_EWSCO_Friday_10.jpg?1406369626

Who cares about the helmet when it's hanging on a new Process 153 carbon! :drool:

Ride, don't slide.

July 27, 2014, 7:36 a.m.

Fullface for everything. If I'm pedalling up, it's strapped to my pack.

I like my teeth..

July 27, 2014, 10:55 a.m.

Who cares about the helmet when it's hanging on a new Process 153 carbon! :drool:

yay my kid was drooling over it as well LOL

#northsidetrailbuilders

July 27, 2014, 4:07 p.m.

Looks to be made for the Enduro race crowd where you are required to keep your helmet on. Ride up some hot uphill transfers with the chinbar off then buckle the chinbar on for the gnarly EWS downhills.

I want this but I want want that will Bluetooth with my dropper post. Push my dropper post remote to drop my saddle and Transformer my chinbar on!

July 27, 2014, 4:42 p.m.

^As a purpose bulit race product it makes a lot of sense.

I guess it is too bad the Bell Super doesn't fit my skull. Maybe Smith or TLD will come out with something similar, or POC will change the Trabec retention system to the same as their road helmets. Or Giro will come out with a more aggro styled helmet.

Right now, I have the D3 for mechanical uplift/big bike stuff. Trabec for mtn bike rides. Giro Atmos for lycra clad road rides.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 28, 2014, 2:32 p.m.

This looks sort of promising. The face plate is not removable and clearly it is not intended to replace a full-on DH lid. At 700g it would be significantly lighter and more comfortable to pedal than my full-face.

http://www.met-helmets.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart[HTML_REMOVED]view=productdetails[HTML_REMOVED]virtuemart_product_id=65[HTML_REMOVED]Itemid=900[HTML_REMOVED]lang=en

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

July 28, 2014, 6:19 p.m.

I was the guy on the weekend watching the fire works from the sea wall on a FR bike with a full face….

After visiting my buddy in the hospital, seeing his face torn to pieces. Watching him go through reconstructive surgery, and now living with perminant scares on his face… I wear a full face all the time. Before you go thinking he was doing some crazy stuff, he hopped off a sidewalk and his fork snapped putting the crown right into his face.

Sure it doesn't happen often, but it only takes once.

I don't bail often, but when I do.. its on a green trail.

Seriously! It's when you are on easy stuff and your guard is down that bad things happen! I hardly ever crash on nasty tech gnar… its evil trails like dead moped, or the ride back to the car from the bottom of empress! that stupid gravel path cost me two cracked ribs!

July 29, 2014, 11:23 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I65bMOL20Bg

Video of the helmet having the chin bar added/removed. They mention there'll be a MIPS version as well.

Ride, don't slide.

July 29, 2014, 11:30 a.m.

Before you go thinking he was doing some crazy stuff, he hopped off a sidewalk and his fork snapped putting the crown right into his face.

Sure it doesn't happen often, but it only takes once.

I'm sorry to hear about your buddy, but your risk assessment is irrational. If we worried about every tiny risk we wouldn't leave bed in the AM.

Do you where a helmet every time you are in a car or bus? You are at more risk there than riding a bicycle off a curb.

The worst accident I am personally aware of this summer happened on a church lawn during a MTB training course and required major surgery. Does that mean church lawns or MTB training courses are particularly dangerous?

No. Sometimes $hit just happens and we need to get over it and get on with our lives.

July 29, 2014, 11:48 a.m.

(taking a close look at the vid) the 2r does appear to be using the standard super lid; offering a retrofit jaw would be nice of them.

July 29, 2014, 11:55 a.m.

(taking a close look at the vid) the 2r does appear to be using the standard super lid; offering a retrofit jaw would be nice of them.

There are 3 hard mounting points molded into the Super 2 that the chinbar relies on for attachment. For that reason the chinbar won't mount up to an existing Super.

July 29, 2014, 12:25 p.m.

There are 3 hard mounting points molded into the Super 2 that the chinbar relies on for attachment. For that reason the chinbar won't mount up to an existing Super.

that does make sense. had a look at one firsthand?