Full suspension bike suggestions.

April 20, 2006, 12:06 a.m.

Get a Balfa MM, dust off your 3.0's and you'll be ready to roll.

I like the versatility of the Bullit. Light weight, climbs well and descends nicely too. Major bonus if you can ride a small one…the sloped downtube makes it look sweet.

minute man? what? 3.0?

April 20, 2006, 8:20 a.m.

So…I might as well pimp my ride out too…

Get a Dirtbag…they are amazing and you cant beat Transitions Customer Service….

April 20, 2006, 8:26 a.m.

Parkinglot tests on used bikes (which are proably not set up for you anyway) are not going to determine the quality of ride. its going to take you at least 2 or 4 rides to really get the feel of a bike.

Bottom line is that if you find a good deal on a bike in great shape buy it.

April 20, 2006, 8:41 a.m.

WHAT A STUPID THING TO SAY!!

I know someone who has cracked his banshee frame and one of my friends has a banshee and it is sooooo heavy that you can't do anything with it.

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

April 20, 2006, 8:56 a.m.

I know someone who has cracked his banshee frame and one of my friends has a banshee and it is sooooo heavy that you can't do anything with it.

Mabey when your 15 and weigh a buck twenty.

what do you ride that is better?

April 20, 2006, 9 a.m.

interesting point about Scream being too heavy, all depends on build?

my Big Hit (2002) was 49lbs

my 1st Banshee Scream was 52lbs

my Devinci Ollie last year was 50lbs

my new Scream is 45lbs

it all depends how you build it up…maybe build it smart with aluminium alloy cranks instead of cromoly, watch the weight in tires and wheels, pick strong/ light stuff like Easton…spend on the fork (I got Fox DH40) and it won't come out that heavy

with the extra weight in frame, you know its not going to break, frame is a little lighter than last year, its genuine 13.5lbs with Fox DHX5, seatclamp and shock spring

i snapped the rear end of my Big Hit (frame 10.5lbs) so maybe a little more weight in frame is not so bad…weight feels "low down" on Scream and its so rigid that there is no side play..my Big Hit frame was lighter on scales but rode heavier as it got kinda sloppy after a few months, same with my Devinci?

any sloppyness in rear = loss of power = feels heavier

the one thing that i really like about my Scream (I live in London and have to ride out everywhere…8 miles to train station to go to trails) is that it pedals SO much better than any 4-bar (horst) bike i've ever had, and with telescopic seatpost and boost valve on Fox DHX5.0 Pro-pedal…the back end hardly moves from pedalling effort?

my buddy spent twice as much building up a Demo 9 as my Scream would have cost, his demo had Hope 6-pots, Fox DH40's, Law pedals, SRAM, etc. totally blinged out and ended up 50lbs weight, and rides way heavier than my scream, he rode my Scream and looked upset with his own choice afterwards!

rob

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/