Full suspension bike suggestions.

April 19, 2006, 2:30 a.m.

Looking to buy a dualy for whistler this summer.
1700-2500 $
More then likely I will buy second hand

Some bikes I've been considering… banshee scream, norco shore, giant team DH, santa cruz bullit
Looking for 7-8inches travel
Pros cons of each?

I was leaning towards a banshee scream, thanks for any feedback.

-Dan

April 19, 2006, 7:48 a.m.

I ride a Banshee Scream - and it :rocker:
It is quite heavy tho…you CAN pedal uphill and downhill it is one hell of a frame. Watch out for the lower shock mount, there are supposed to be differences btw the years the fram was made.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 19, 2006, 7:48 a.m.

Cam is selling his Giant Team DH.

April 19, 2006, 9:40 a.m.

who cares there all decent frames.

buy what has the best part spec at the best price.

April 19, 2006, 10:05 a.m.

Looking to buy a dualy for whistler this summer.
1700-2500 $
More then likely I will buy second hand

Some bikes I've been considering… banshee scream, norco shore, giant team DH, santa cruz bullit
Looking for 7-8inches travel
Pros cons of each?

I was leaning towards a banshee scream, thanks for any feedback.

-Dan

DONT GET A BANSHEE, they are heavy and break easily. I would get a bullit, they are perfect alround bikes, or look into the kona stinky series.

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

April 19, 2006, 10:21 a.m.

First fully?

Look at the shore or bullit

April 19, 2006, 10:43 a.m.

DONT GET A BANSHEE, they are heavy and break easily. I would get a bullit, they are perfect alround bikes, or look into the kona stinky series.

Although I'm personally not a big banshee scream fan, if what you're doing is breaking them, then you'll most likely be breaking any frame you ride.

April 19, 2006, 10:48 a.m.

Buy Cam's bike if you're going for a full setup. It's nice, has some very good parts. Maybe talk him down a little. Bring it into Cap's and get it all fixed up, I know that bike is quality.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

April 19, 2006, 11:13 a.m.

Biased question …. you are just going to get everybody telling you to buy the bike that THEY ARE RIDING OR SELLING! Its difficult to get a "non biased" answer on a question like this unless you provide more specifics on exactly what you are looking for.

Maybe a "what bike should I buy" AND "what kind of bike do YOU ride". Bet in most cases they are the same.

My advice is to DEMO whatever type of bike you are looking for. The nice part about resorts such as Whistler is that you can rent almost any type of bike for the day. Ride them all, or at least test drive around the parking lot, and then decide. Do not base your choice on looks or what somebody is telling you to buy because that's the bike "they ride". If you watch Seinfeld re-runs, its the classic "MILO" episode. Those who watch the show will know what I mean. Either way, Best of luck!!!

April 19, 2006, 12:33 p.m.

buy a brodie diablo or devo used.
I love mine, and it rips on the shore.
and pedals up hill just fine.
maneuvers nicely in the air.
and the stock parts spec kicks ass.
you can run triple chainrings, dual or single with a bashguard sandwich.
definetly i killer bike.

Cove Peeler For Sale, cheap.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2717&cat=13

April 19, 2006, 4:05 p.m.

DONT GET A BANSHEE, they are heavy and break easily.

WHAT A STUPID THING TO SAY!!

April 19, 2006, 5:07 p.m.

First of all do not listen to Air Supply. Second, as I rode a scream for two years without a problem I can vouch for its strength as I am a complete hack and had zero frame problems. Also a great thing it had which I would want in any full suspension bike is the virtually flex free rear end, this not only means precision and a great feel while riding, but it also means a lot less wear on the pivot/bearings/bushings and no side loads on the shock. I never had to replace any single part of the rear end, neither bushings nor anything. However, all the options you listed are good its just a matter of the finding the best bike for the best deal which you can afford. PS: Get a Banshee…

22 Pride

April 19, 2006, 5:32 p.m.

Karpiel Armagetton..supermonsters…'nuff said

bikes:
04 norco 4by w/ 05 sherman firefly :(
07 KTM 144sx :)

I like to throw up prior to dropping into a-line. I find it makes jumping easier.

April 19, 2006, 5:55 p.m.

hey I've never owned one but the Specialized Bighit has always seemed like a well priced, shore-proven performer. Never met anyone who had bad things to say about them or heard of anyone breaking one.

If you're considering stepping up to a big dually, wouldn't hurt to try one out.

April 19, 2006, 6:28 p.m.

Buy my 03 shore

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up