Freak Out! 1 x 11 !

July 2, 2012, 10:19 p.m.

I've single-speeded an 8 speed cassette. Real men loosen their axle off to change gears.

spreads repz

Pastor of Muppets

July 2, 2012, 11:13 p.m.

Glad I'm still running 8 speed rapidrise with a chainguide….like a man.

:lol: glad i'm not the only one still with 8spd

July 3, 2012, 12:46 p.m.

would be interested to see how well it actually copes without chain device on all-mtn bikes in B.C. and the Alps, not just behind the SRAM test factory in Germany?

and what about the $$ costs of replacing the fancy chainring, chain and cassette, not to mention the rear mech?

what is the expected durability of the drivetrain, and how will chain retention perform once those unique chainring teeth profiles get worn? or the chain starts stretching?

does look like fantastic tech. and I have nothing against it from that point of view, currently running SRAM X-0 1 x 10 on 29'er with 33T front and 11-36T rear (E13 XCX chain device)and do find myself wanting a lower climbing gear so this XX1 could be the ticket :)

July 3, 2012, 1:47 p.m.

Who cares about the gear? Congrats on a most excellent headline. Was that yours or did SRAM come up with it?

July 3, 2012, 1:52 p.m.

would be interested to see how well it actually copes without chain device on all-mtn bikes in B.C. and the Alps, not just behind the SRAM test factory in Germany?

and what about the $$ costs of replacing the fancy chainring, chain and cassette, not to mention the rear mech?

what is the expected durability of the drivetrain, and how will chain retention perform once those unique chainring teeth profiles get worn? or the chain starts stretching?

does look like fantastic tech. and I have nothing against it from that point of view, currently running SRAM X-0 1 x 10 on 29'er with 33T front and 11-36T rear (E13 XCX chain device)and do find myself wanting a lower climbing gear so this XX1 could be the ticket :)

I would still run it with a top chain guide like you are. Currently running 1x10 X.0 on my Surface and drop quite a few chains as I'm waiting for my Blackspire guide to arrive.

Gunna be hella expensive XX groupo. Trickle down in 2+ years

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 3, 2012, 2:40 p.m.

1x10 with shadow+ derailleur came off in rough terrain even with an xcx guide. Are their clutch and chainring really that superior? Their testing terrain looks pretty lame, hopefully it's getting properly thundered up here by someone that rides hard.

July 3, 2012, 3:15 p.m.

1x10 with shadow+ derailleur came off in rough terrain even with an xcx guide. Are their clutch and chainring really that superior? Their testing terrain looks pretty lame, hopefully it's getting properly thundered up here by someone that rides hard.

When I first noticed chain drop on the S+ clutch, I tightened it up, and the problem went away. The stock setting isn't that tight.

July 3, 2012, 4:07 p.m.

I am going to hold out for 14spds.

July 3, 2012, 4:16 p.m.

I am going to hold out for 14spds.

I haven't seen that in a while. The chain was more interesting. Single plates in between outer ones.

http://www.campyonly.com/shorts/14speed.html

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 3, 2012, 8:54 p.m.

anyone hear of the cost for the complete groupo?

July 3, 2012, 9:15 p.m.

^$1450usd

July 3, 2012, 10:11 p.m.

Who cares about the gear? Congrats on a most excellent headline. Was that yours or did SRAM come up with it?

If you're talking about the title on the front page, that was me :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuzpsO4ErOQ

flickr

July 3, 2012, 11:04 p.m.

Oh wow!!! How innovative!!! Add another cog to the cluster fuck. The only thing that never evolves into anything better in this retarded industry is the shitty drivetrain on a "mountain bike". The right way to do a geared transmission is internally. This kind of crap is what I'd expect from Shimano before SRAM, but they're both basically the same shit with a slightly different stink. "People have long been talking about the obsolescence of the front derailleur"? Good, now lets start talking about the long obsolete rear derailleur. Derailleurs are fine for road bikes [HTML_REMOVED] commuter bikes. NOT FOR "MOUNTAIN BIKES"! It's pretty lame that these two fuckbucket companies make internally geared hubs for commuter's [HTML_REMOVED] not "mountain bikes". Anyone that thinks they need more than 5 different gears is borderline retarded AFAIC and anyone that actually thinks that a bike meant for pavement is more deserving of an internally geared drivetrain than one meant for the harshest of off road abuse is absolutely clinically fucking retarded! It's not like Bob Rohloff is the only one that knows how to make a reliable planetary gearing system for a bicycle. Shimano [HTML_REMOVED] SRAM are more concerned with all the money they'd lose from replacing worn cassettes, bent chains [HTML_REMOVED] mangled derailleurs, than they are about actually making anything any better. A mountain bike's gears belong in it's BB shell, low [HTML_REMOVED] centered, isolated [HTML_REMOVED] invincible. Imagine the standardization required for that, from an industry so fucking stupid it can't even standardize something as simple as a seatpost diameter!!! This is an industry that regressed to an inferior 15mm axle standard from the 20mm one that is better in every way. Nice job SRAM, yet another clunky contraption to move a chain sideways and another cog to move it sideways onto. The only part of a mountain bike that hasn't borrowed any technology from outside industries is the drivetrain [HTML_REMOVED] it's always been the area in the most need.

July 3, 2012, 11:09 p.m.

tell us what you really think.

July 3, 2012, 11:09 p.m.

and speaking of regress, where the fuck did all the inverted forks go?