Fox + Sram Stock Builds

Oct. 29, 2017, 9:46 p.m.

Question for the bike industry insiders.

I have noticed that a lot of companies are spec'ing Sram components with Fox suspension these days. Is there a reason for this? I always kind of assumed that it would make more sense for the bike companies to do Sram + Rock Shox...

Oct. 30, 2017, 7 p.m.

So that extra gear is the sex? i just dropped a couple teeth on the front, don't seem to run out of gearing

I got 11-46 xt on the new bike and its good, I really like being able to push OR pull for the shift

Shimano must be coming out with 12 gears soon?

Oct. 31, 2017, 6:24 p.m.

my current bike is a mixture of it all , Guide brakes , Fox shock and fork , Shimano derailleur and shifter , and cassette?chain . I prefer a mixture so I now build my bikes from the ground up

Nov. 2, 2017, 10:05 p.m.

I think Sram must sell Guide R brakes as OEM for $3 each.  Or 'Buy Eagle drivetrain / get Guide R brakes free!'.

Nov. 3, 2017, 2:52 a.m.

I believe its 2 fold:

1. Fox suspension holds more prestige, generally like for like a consumer will believe Fox product to be an 'upgrade' vs. RS. Fox's performance elite line especially, delivers all of the same function of the top end factory line only giving up a cosmetic outward appearance. With RS, oem's are having to move to a lower end RC charger damper or even into the age old motion control dampers to deliver on the value end.

2. Makes the consumer think the manufacturer is on your side. Sure they may have been able to save a few bucks speccing within the same family. By going outside the SRAM umbrella, we feel that they have gone the extra mile to deliver a more complete package when the functional gap is likely much smaller.

Nov. 3, 2017, 3:19 a.m.

12 spd is the latest greatest so it’s must on bleeding edge bikes.  

I built my hard tail with SRAM drivetrain and dropper, FOX fork, and Shimano brakes. A real dogs breakfast build kit.

Nov. 3, 2017, 9:25 a.m.

Posted by: UFO

I believe its 2 fold:

1. Fox suspension holds more prestige, generally like for like a consumer will believe Fox product to be an 'upgrade' vs. RS. Fox's performance elite line especially, delivers all of the same function of the top end factory line only giving up a cosmetic outward appearance. With RS, oem's are having to move to a lower end RC charger damper or even into the age old motion control dampers to deliver on the value end.

2. Makes the consumer think the manufacturer is on your side. Sure they may have been able to save a few bucks speccing within the same family. By going outside the SRAM umbrella, we feel that they have gone the extra mile to deliver a more complete package when the functional gap is likely much smaller.

I noticed that as well each model year the RS gets cheaper speced than the season before . I just switched to full Fox and am very happy

Nov. 3, 2017, 11:30 a.m.

I didn't have much of a reference point but what I did notice is what i didn't notice 

Fox front/rear and up the ass all seemed to work fine & seemlessly enough to not think about how they were working