Fox Fork repair - who? recommendations?

Feb. 24, 2009, 3:22 p.m.

glad this got sorted cuz theres no way in hell i would ever beleive James is anything other then a total profesional in terms of his work, and his interaction with people/customers in general..

in fact i've seen him chat at length to ave. riders about suspension info, that he really should keep to himself for the sake of keeping the number of people who know how to fix/setup stuff to a minimum (looking at it from a purely business standpoint)…..

but James doesnt think that way.. hes all about getting people happy with their gear.. even if it means they end up not needing his "paid-for" services…

3 cheers for James indeed…

Feb. 24, 2009, 3:28 p.m.

I've always left his shop with much more than I paid for whether it be knowledge or just something he saw that he felt needed upgrading and he had the parts there.

Top notch.

I was going to launch into something derogitory towards Tuumbag but seeing him shove his foot in his mouth while his head was up his ass was enough for me

Feb. 24, 2009, 3:36 p.m.

another +1 for James @ Suspensionwerks

friendly guy and great service plus the advice that is often forgotten

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 24, 2009, 3:46 p.m.

James does a great job. He went out of his way last year to get a stuck-down shock fixed for me while I waited. Awesome guy, I would recommend him to anyone looking for shock and fork service.:clap:

Feb. 24, 2009, 3:55 p.m.

why would you bash someone publicly based on hearsay ? big man on campus syndrome ?

:canada:

Feb. 24, 2009, 3:58 p.m.

why would you bash someone publicly based on hearsay ? big man on campus syndrome ?

He apologized and corrected his mistake.

Time to move on.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 24, 2009, 4:04 p.m.

Thanks !

I am glad we could chat as I hate to have people unhappy with me or my service.
I take my work/business very personally and try to do the best I can for people.If anyone out there is unhappy please call or email me as I would really like to hear from you and have the chance to make things right !

Regards,

James Downing
[email protected]
604 329 5086

If you look up class act in the dictionary, you'll see that post.

I've known James for years. Nothing but fantastic work, done by a great guy for a reasonable price. James has the ability to listen to why you dislike the way your suspension is performing and able to return it you exactly the way you like it.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

Feb. 24, 2009, 6:45 p.m.

isn't this nice james, all the love pouring in?!
like everyone has says, there's good reason for it.
he gets stuff done fast, he's meticulous, and has a huge foundation of knowledge and experience to back everything up.
you know your stuff's been tuned by a pro and it's one less thing to think about while trying to stay on your bike.

Feb. 26, 2009, 12:32 p.m.

This is the insanely destructiove side of the internet…someone can slam a business based on nothing more than hearsay and it immediately reaches thousands of people!

PLEASE have the common sense (and common courtesy) to only post personal experiences and even then be very careful with your choice of language.

The golden rule is that if you have any trouble with a business then give them ample opportunity to respond privately before you go on an internet rampage.

Feb. 26, 2009, 12:52 p.m.

He goes out of his way to say nasty things on lots of boards.

Feb. 26, 2009, 1:58 p.m.

While I have not had James do any work on my bike since he left Vic….when he was here he was the best there was….and I hear since he has moved on his work is nothing but top notch.

Feb. 26, 2009, 2:26 p.m.

james is awesome, i had him rebuilt my lyrik after it leaked and became very horrible. Even if you know how to change oil/seal, it's nice to know you can go to him at the end of the season, and get a complete rebuild(new o-rings, seal, etc). James will go out of his ways to get your fork working if something is actually broken inside.

+1 for james.

April 23, 2009, 4:47 p.m.

Paging James: I sent you an email but thought i would post up here as well. Im leaving the country for the summer and was wondering if you had 5 mins to sneak me into your busy schedule to remove a silly spacer before my flight.

okbye

April 23, 2009, 4:49 p.m.

seriously doubt james would be lurking on nsmb everyday. Your best bet is to go to his shop in person.

April 23, 2009, 7:03 p.m.

I've know James since he worked in Victoria years ago and his work and knowledge is top notch… Just had my Fox 36 and DHX Air serviced and they feel better than new…. huge props to James.